“12 months later another great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points!
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Swansea, Illinois
“12 months later another great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed and reviewed last year. There is one consistent aspect--excellent room and employees. Do you like high speed wireless? They have it and no charge with my convention rate. Clean, quiet and comfortable. Great value.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Great staff- very helpful with restaurant recommendations; hotel has shuttle that can take you to a nearby mall, restaurants, etc. Rooms were nice, quiet. Excellent breakfast (not included with all room rates, so check - $12.95 if it's not included) and very attentive waitstaff that will cook eggs and waffles to order. Warning - View out of room 245 is awful, however.

Room Tip: Steer clear of room 245 - the window view is awful: rear view of a facade and roof top satellite dis...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cayman Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great hotel and GREAT employees, like every other HGI I have stayed in. The hotel is near the mall, which I did not go to, but the shuttle will take you there if needed. It is miles from downtown and the airport so don't think a quick meal in Chicago will be possible. There is a great biking track right behind the hotel, you need to be on the road for 5 mins to get there but once there a nice run is to be had, if you can travel with your bike - take it. I had a stark in the restaurant and it was one of the best I have ever had full stop. Not sure where the chef is from but way higher than my expectations.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor and to the right of the hotel when looking at the front. The smoking ar...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
PaulGrande, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Cayman Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the bike path! I will share your comments with our Chef, he is a well kept secret.
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Very nice rooms, clean, well worth the rate, not far from downtown Chicago Would definitely go there again. The room rate is much better then downtown and parking is free. It was a perfect hotel outside downtown Chicago.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
PaulGrande, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Hockeynut50,

Thanks for reviewing our hotel. I hope you come back out to catch a Blackhawks game.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed at Hilton Garden Inn during my first visit to my company's office in the Oakbrook Terrace area a couple of years ago. Since then, I had to stay at other hotels in the vicinity as HGI was booked. Fortunately, I was able to stay at the Inn again for my visit this past week and so glad to be back! A welcoming, friendly, clean hotel wtih a boutique-like quality to it. Shopping and restaurants close by (even though the meals at the Hilton Garden were also excellent) and not too far from the airport. I will make sure that I stay here again when I visit the area!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear JDPHX,

Thanks for sticking with us. I hope your business travels allow you to spend more time with us. Make sure you sign up for HHonors to reward yourself. I hope to be able to meet you on your next visit.
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I have a friend who works for Hilton and books me rooms with family/friends discount. We wanted the Hilton Garden Inn at O'Hare but it was booked. I'm glad it was because this is in a nice quiet area close to shopping and restaurants and not too far from CTA and O'Hare. They have great customer service in the lobby and I like the little touch of fresh baked cookies waiting for you. Although breakfast is not included with your stay, a full breaksfast buffet for about $12 was available every morning. We got Dunkin Donuts on the way downtown insead. I liked the sleep number/temperpedic type bed but my husband hated it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear LisaNM,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, I am glad to hear that we were a pleasant surprise. Just to let you know, we do offer items from the kitchen on an a la carte basis too. Hope we will see you again soon.
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I booked a room at a dirty hotel down the street and could not stay there (that was a HORRIBLE hotel). I began calling local hotels immediately.

The folks at the Hilton Garden Inn were able to provide a room for my husband & I for four days without a reservation. The hotel was lovely~ the rooms were spacious and very clean. The staff provided excellent service. Warm cookies in the late afternoon were a nice perk. Yes, this is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Susan H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is great to hear that our team was able to assist you. We hope to see you again in the future!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Oakbrook Terrace? Share your experiences!