“Pretty good, overall” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Pretty good, overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Had a pretty good (but not great) meal here with my wife. I had the minestrone (very unusual, as it had lots of green peas in addition to the expected beans) and linguini with calamari. Both the linguini and calamari were well cooked, but the red sauce was a bit short on seasoning. My wife had the house salad (large and fresh) and homemade cavatelli with sausage in a tomato cream sauce -- excellent. They offer several $20 bottles of wine -- our choice was a bit cloying, but you get what you pay for. Service was pleasant but a little slow. The service issue has to be in the kitchen, as both pasta dishes were served steaming hot (and I mean REALLY hot). Very weird background music -- a female torch singer doing all the ballads that you hope not to hear at a wedding. Overall, a good meal, and I hope that the place succeeds.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Brazil, Indiana
“Authentic Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Very good quality food and fresh. Was a little pricey, but you certainly will not leave hungry. Serving were very ample.

Visited June 2013
“Best Italian in Oak Park!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Fun spot, excellent food and the price is right.
This place never disappoints. Inside and outside seating. The staff is excellent and the owner, Vito, is a delight.
Good selection of wine and a wide selection of food.
Have the veal, a nice pasta dish or even the pizza.
Perfect date night place.
Terrific experience.

Florida
“A Solid Choice For Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had the Linguini with Red Clam Sauce, Penne with Meatballs, Caprese Salad and Caesar Salad. Everything was very tasty with high-quality ingredients. The service was very good as was the atmosphere. The prices are in line with most better Italian restaurants. Also, the portions are very filling. If you are near Oak Park and are in an Italian mood, I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Absolutely outstanding dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Although it was a very nice evening, the music seemed a bit loud outside, so we (3 of us) opted for an inside table. Sat in the back portion past the kitchen, which was extremely comfortable and very conversation-friendly.

Started with appetizers of fried calamari (very light and VERY tender) and Insalata Caprese. Followed by two specials - a pork roast wrapped in prosciutto and stuffed with mushrooms and mozzarella, over a bed of the most delicious parmesan risotto I have ever tasted (I only got a spoonful from our dining companion.) - and fresh swordfish, sauteed with olives, capers, cherry tomatoes and wine. We sent some to "the box" to save room for dessert. Good move!

Desserts included a frozen hollowed out peach, stuffed with fresh peach sorbet, a pistachio gelato that you wanted to dive into, and a combo of lemon gelato and limoncello, which I paired with homemade and icy-cold limoncello, which they get from "an Italian grandmother who makes it for them." Fantastic!

After dinner the owner, Vito, came and chatted with us about the menu selections, and his wine list. Did I mention that the place offered a selection of about 12 wines for $20 a bottle? We ordered two bottles of a very pleasant Orvieto. Vito's comment: "When I can get a really good deal on wines, I pass it along to my customers." Total bill was $163, before tax and tip, which I consider extremely reasonable.

This place just jumped to the top of our list for fine dining in the Oak Park/Forest Park area. Well worth the drive out from the City.

• Visited September 2012