“Fun on a Segway!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 16 Attractions in Oak Park
Type: Segway Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We feature Segway guided tours of the Frank Lloyd Wright and Ernest Hemingway Historic Districts. Additional tours include Harrison St. ARTS District, Oak Park Conservatory, Columbus Park and Lagoon and simple one hour rides. Private and corporate tours can be arranged by request.From downtown Chicago board the CTA Greenline to the Oak Park stop (10 minutes). Most tours are completed in less than two hours.We are a Segway Experience Center and Authorized Tours.
Mokena, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“Fun on a Segway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Four of us did the Chocolate Segway tour and had a blast! We never were on Segways before and I was a bit apprehensive but Karl and Katie were excellent instructors and guides. The stops along the way were fun and we were never rushed out of the shops. We would definitely do this again!

DeKalb, IL
“Great Segway experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We have done several Segway tours, but this one was the most outstanding in safety and training. Plus, Oak Park is a great place to explore. Our first one was the Chocolate Lovers Tour, it was fantastic!!! I'm looking forward to doing the Frank Lloyd Wright tour in the future. I have already recommended this to friends. Another thing that I noticed, the people of Oak Park make you feel very welcomed.

Visited June 2012
Chicago
“Fantastic mix of fun and information!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Was looking for something fun (for three teenagers) but also a chance to see Oak Park, and especially Frank Lloyd Wright architecture. Boy did we find the perfect combination! Although it was December (temp: 45 degrees) I called Oak Park Segway - which I found here on TripAdvisor, spoke with Cecelia and was told our family of five could indeed do a tour that very afternoon. I explained our tricky goals of fun (for teenagers) and informative sightseeing. Upon arrival we were fitted for segways (including safety vests & helmets), shown a quick safety video & taken outside to learn how to ride. The segways were amazingly easy to ride -- much easier than a bicycle. Luke, our guide, was a wealth of information as he took us past many architecturally interesting homes at slow speed, then shifted us into fast speed and let us all "go." He even showed us some favorite local restaurants for dinner. You know it was great when all three kids immediately texted their friends after the "tour." We will definitely be going back, perhaps next time for the Chocolate Tour!

Visited December 2011
lima
63 attraction reviews
“One of the best tours ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stopped in at the Oak Park Visitor's Center on Sunday and were joking around about doing a Segway tour but saw that they were closed on Monday. The nice person at the Vistor's center said to just call and see if they would be available. She actually called the tour operators for us. They agreed to do a personal tour on Monday. We met with Luke and went through the orientation and test ride where we felt we totally ready to hit the streets. Luke was very knowlegable about all of the homes in the area, which was nice because he didn't totally focus on Frank Lloyd Wright. We needed to check in with Southwest close to the end of our tour so Luke took us back to the Visitor's Center and they let me check in and print my boarding passes. We then went off to tour more homes. At the end of the day we paid for a 1.5 hour tour that turned into close to 2.5 hours. Luke was an excellent guide and we enjoyed our tour with him immensely.

Visited September 2011
Arizona
8 attraction reviews
“Tons of fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was my first segway trip and I was impressed with how well Luke and his wife oriented me to the segway. Before I knew it, I was like an old pro! Oak Park is very pretty, lots of interesting shops and galleries, uncrowded streets (making it easy to Segway), and we got to stop where ever we liked. I highly recommend this tour!

Visited June 2011