“Liked it all but the trains” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn

You added Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn to your Saves list
Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9333 South Cicero Avenue, (Cicero Avenue at 95th Street), Oak Lawn, IL 60453   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Getaway
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Oak Lawn
Vermilion, Ohio
“Liked it all but the trains”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

My family stayed at the Hilton Oak Lawn to attend my son's college graduation. We've stayed there before the renovations and liked it. We paid $73 through Priceline which was quite the deal. The renovations make this hotel top notch. The common areas are nicely furnished. The workout room was well equiped with cardio machines and free weights. The Starbucks cafe is just right for a quick breakfast and the girl who works the counter, a pleasure. The circular design of this hotel makes the rooms pie shaped and bigger than your average hotel room. The beds were heavenly! The only problem we had was the the TRAINS! Before when we stayed, we requested a room facing Cicero and not had too much of a problem. We checked in late Friday night and all of these rooms were filled. The first train came through at around 2:00 am. It felt like it went through our room, and we were on the 9th floor. Then from about 5:00 am every half hour a train went by blaring it's horn. Saturday night was not as bad and there were few trains early Sunday. I would stay here again but make sure I was put as far from the tracks as possible.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

Stayed here for two days. This hotel has recently been remodeled. The rooms are very spacious and nicely decorated. The hotel has a very good indoor pool and recently updated fitness center. The treadmills and cardio equipment are high quality machines. The restaurant serves a good meal. There are many restaurant options close to the hotel. The hotel is about 3 miles from Midway Airport. The only downside to the hotel is the train track runs right next to the building, and there is a 6 am train that blows a very loud horn for about 30 seconds each morning. Other than that, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

I've stayed at several properties along the Cicero Avenue corridor. This hotel just completed a huge renovation...an INCREDIBLE transformation from the previous time I stayed here in Summer, 2008 (hotel was really run down on that visit) . This time around everything is new: lobby, restaurants, lounges guestrooms, corridors, I mean everything!

Previously I would not have recommended this hotel, however with their re-do now complete I score it as excellent. Friendly staff from my experience.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Adirondacks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

The Hilton Oak Lawn was a wonderful destination last week (4-26-28-2009). It must have been recently renovated because it was georgous. The staff was caring and considerate. I left feeling rested even after several long days of work. That never happens to me. If you are gold or higher in the Hilton's honor program, the Executive Lounge is second to none. What a great place to start your day with breakfast and unwind with some tasty treats and a nice drink. Did I mention spoiled? Why isn't it always like that? Then I would love business travel. If you are in the area, don't be an idiot - stay there. The food downstairs was great and reasonable. I hope I need to go back to that part of the Chicago area soon.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Champaign, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

My fiance and I stayed at the Oak Lawn Hilton in September of 2007. He had gotten a free night there through a Christmas party at his work, so I can't really say much about value. The hotel is a large cylinder, so the rooms are laid out somewhat strangely (weird angles). We had a room with 2 queen beds, which were comfortable. As part of the stay, we had a gift certificate to the restaurant. We had dinner there, which was AMAZING. The prime rib was delicious and the wait staff was very attentive. We also received a fruit and cheese platter with the room, which wasn't the greatest (the cheese was like those baskets you can order at Christmas...the pasteurized process cheese food and whatnot) but it was free, so we didn't mind. The only real complaint I have is that the hotel's decor is badly in need of updating. I felt like I had been blasted back to the 80's with the peach-and-mint green decor.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

We were amazed at the changes that have been made to the hotel and the new botique hotel feel. Having stayed here numerous times over the years when visiting family in the area we were pleasantly surprised by the recent changes made to the hotel. It is incredible what a change in ownership, management and a total renovation can do. It's a real Hilton now. The guestrooms are all new and beautifully appointed...with big flat screen TVs and Nintendo. They've renovated our favorite place Whitney's Cafe, added a second restaurant called the 95th St. Grill (wonderful seafood, steaks) and redesigned the bar into a really cool place...with numerous big TVs if you want to watch sports or just anything. WiFi acess is free in the guest rooms and pretty much anywhere else in the hotel...and they have big new Business Center. The new Fitness Center, also free to guests, is awesome with state of the art Precor equipment, each with its own TV.. Big new Business Center is also free to guests. The changes to the main lobby really amazed us. So much brighter and kind of a contemporary art deco feel. We hung around the fireplace before heading out each day. We definitely look forward to returning and are proud that we have a new Hilton to recommend to our friends.

Northwest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

I am HH Honors Gold VIP member, and this truly the worst Hilton I have ever stayed in! In it's defense all other Hotles in Oak Lawn look far worse.

I have to agree with the majority of prior reviews. This hotel leaves a lot to be desired.

1. Screwed up reservation.
2. Unclean room.
3. Outdated furnishings (circa 1984).
4. Restaurant is absolutely horrible. The worst pasta dish I have ever ordered. I have to admit that to this day I have never seen flame broiled fettucine (LOL).
5. Service is subpar, and then some.

The place truly needs to be completely renovated.

• Liked — Checking Out (i'm outta here baby!)
  • Disliked — Flame broiled fettucine (totally serious.)
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Oak Lawn hotels

Been to Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn? Share your experiences!