“Hilton on Cicero in Chicago” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn

You added Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn to your Saves list
Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9333 South Cicero Avenue, (Cicero Avenue at 95th Street), Oak Lawn, IL 60453   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Getaway
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Oak Lawn
Chicago, Illinois
“Hilton on Cicero in Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This Hilton is clean and very conveniently located on the south side of Chicago. Went to a retirement party on July 26, 2014. Food was excellent and ball room was very tastefully decorated and spacious. Room temperature is important with a large group, very comfortable. Waiter staff was very on point with removal of finished dinner items and keep the pace with the guest that attended. I would recommend this venue for any large group, however, you must book early, seems as though this place fills up fast. Great overall stay. Ooooh they must have Heavenly Beds and Pillows a real night treat!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Yvonne,
I am pleased that you were able yo join us for the recent celebration. We have shared your comments with the banquet and culinary teams who are always glad to know the positive impact their hard work has on our guests. We do fill up fast, and out sales team can be reached at 708-425-7800 for any inquiries. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Portfolio Reputation Manager - Hilton Chicago / Oak Lawn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Montgomery, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

An amazing 3-night stay for my family and myself for our reunion. We were all promptly and happily greeted upon entering the beautiful lobby. The staff was professional and courteous at every turn, taking care of everything from directions to our event areas to special requests. There were several events going on at the hotel during my stay, but everyone seemed to be taken care of, and happy. I am assuming the number of people was the reason for the slow elevators. I was also very impressed with the housekeeping staff, who were prompt and very accommodating (and happy too!). Free parking was a great luxury that I loved, especially after driving a long road trip. The only thing that did not work in my room was the plug by the vanity mirror, but fortunately I brought an extension cord with me, so problem solved for my curling iron. Nice decor, excellent temperature control, good water pressure and bathroom extras, and everything very clean. Soft towels too! I especially liked that the bathroom had its own separate sink, along with the vanity area's own mirror and sink. Good closet space, nice view, and comfy beds. Wifi was fast, television reception and channel selection was very good. Kudos to Hilton. I would definitely stay here on my next visit to the area.

Night Owl,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. It was a pleasure to have you and your family at our hotel. We are so delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the hotel, with all of its distinctive amenities. We were truly humbled by your gracious comments regarding our hotel service team. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests. I regret that the vanity plug in your room was not working, please know that maintenance is available 24 hours a day to assist you. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next reunion.
Commerce Twp., United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This is an older hotel and as such it shows its age. Expect inconveniences such as loose bathroom fixtures, noisy air conditioners and soiled carpets. But it's conveniently located, the staff is friendly, most of the time, and the on-site eateries are good. Ok for the business traveler but wouldn't suggest it for families.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Theodore,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Accept my sincerest apologies that the maintenance of the hotel was not up to the level that we expect. We have used your comments as a training opportunity to ensure that our teams are communicating properly with one another when items in guest rooms need to be addressed. I am pleased that you found the location and amenities within the hotel convenient and that Whitney's 95th Street Bar and Grill helped you refuel. We hope to have a chance to welcome you back again.
Cincinnati, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I was extremely happy with this hotel. I liked the interior design of my room as it was very pleasing to the eye with modern, smooth sleek lines. My room was very spacious, clean and quiet. The attention to details was very obvious. I would reccommend this hotel to my friends. It was nice to have a bar to unwind after a long trip.

Saundra,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Oakland, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This is a nice, business hotel.
You'll see from the pictures that it is a cylindrical building. It is big enough that you don't notice the pie slice shape of the room much. The major effect is that the wash room is a bit smaller than in some newer hotels.
I had a two bed room. They had fitted the wash room with a sink outside of the shower area and another inside. It would be a great set up for a couple. It also made everything a bit more cozy.

The work out area is big enough to do a real workout. They have the rack of dumb bells, two benches, a stability ball, the rack of medicine balls and some yoga mats in addition to the aerobic machines. There are no pulley machines. The biggest issue is that it is immediately adjacent to the pool, and thus stays humid. Most folks will be able to make it work.

The staff were reasonably friendly. The hotel is quite clean and well maintained.

The Concierge Lounge offered a nice, fairly simple breakfast selection with a wide view from the top floor. The restaurant menus seem good.

Overall, this is a good place to stay for business in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
David,
Thank you for leaving your detailed feedback for your fellow travelers. I am pleased that you found the hotel and amenities to be convenient during your business trip. Please know that we will use for feedback about the fitness center during future refreshes. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Zionsville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Since this hotel is in somewhat of a remote location away from the city but close to Midway, my expectations were fairly low. The room on the 11th floor was clean and updated. We ended up having to add an additional night and the front desk was very helpful in accommodating us. The executive lounge was spacious and provided a good option for breakfast. The only area where they could really upgrade is the sundries - I needed contact lens solution and the only option was to go across a parking lot to the Walgreen's. With two kids late at night, that was not really an option.

Room Tip: High floor with a room facing the city skyline.
JHR,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. It was a pleasure to have you and your family at our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel. We will use the feedback you provided as an opportunity to continue improving. We hope to have a chance to welcome you back again soon.
Chico, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

First night staff was polite. Second day not so nice. Starbucks girl in lobby is awesome. There were dirty dishes in the hall that were there for two days before being picked up. There was a refrigerator in my room so I went after work to get some items at the local store. When I returned later that day the fried was gone.

• Stayed July 2014
Kevin,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we use it as an opportunity to improve. I regret that you experienced some inconsistency throughout your stay. Please know that we have executed some training to ensure that this does not happen again. Please contact me directly if I can offer any assistance with upcoming travel plans. We look forward to regaining your trust during future visits.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344

Been to Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn? Share your experiences!