“Excellent stay South of Chicago” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn

You added Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn to your Saves list
Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9333 South Cicero Avenue, (Cicero Avenue at 95th Street), Oak Lawn, IL 60453   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Midway Park & Fly Special
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Oak Lawn
Bethesda, Maryland
“Excellent stay South of Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Recently stayed at this Hilton for a business trip to Goose Island, IL. The hotel exceeded expectations - the rooms were nicely furnished, very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The restaurant was the true standout, though. The food was delicious at each of the three meals we had there, and there was surprising attention to detail. For example, a side house salad was beautifully arranged and wrapped with cucumber shavings. There was some noise at night due to nearby train tracks, but I'd stay here again without hesitation.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
New Ken Trekkie,
Thank you for selecting us during your recent business trip. Our amazing team in Whitney's works every day to give our guests the best service and food and it is always nice to hear we are hitting our mark. We will be sure to share your positive feedback with them. We do our best to please our guests every step of the way and it is always a joy to hear we are doing our jobs well. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon, upon your return we will happily provide you with a room opposite the main road for an even quieter experience.
Portfolio Reputation Manager - Hilton Chicago/ Oak Lawn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

This hotel is in the middle of not so much -- if you're here on business, and it's close to where you need to be, stay here. It was clean, good bed linens, and friendly staff. But the BEST part of this hotel is the restaurant -- it has absolutley wonderful, fresh, well-prepared food. Make a point to dine here if you stay here -- and even if you don't.

Barley,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. I am so pleased that our staff provided such wonderful service during your trip. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience in Whitney's so much! We work every day to give our guests the best service and food and it is always nice to hear we are hitting our mark. We will be sure to share your comments with our culinary team. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Lititz, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Great hotel! Staff was very accomodating, room was nice & clean. The eating establishment(s) were great as well as the service. Staff was incredibly helpful to any requests that I had. I highly recommend.

Daryl,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. We hope to see you again when you are in the area.
Fairfield. Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Hotel appears to be newly remodeled. Very nice, clean rooms. VERY comfortable beds and pillows and plenty of them. Ground level parking, no charge. Breakfast buffet was just OK and overpriced at $15.00/person. Was there with a group, so the price was reasonable. I would not pay the regular price of $189. to stay there though. Location was less than2 miles from the function we were attending.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Kathleen,
I am pleased that you and your family were able to join us for your recent event. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about that stay. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Birmingham,Ala, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Quality and care was given by the Hotel staff and Housekeeping.The in room dining service was excellent and the food was terrific.The service I was given in my Pre arrival was highly rated the reservation person took the time to get me the best rate.I was in the city for a Funeral and needed extra special care as my feeling were very fragile.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Mary,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. Although the circumstances were regrettable, I am pleased that we were able to provide the caring and compassionate service we all should expect in such a trying time. We do hope that you have a chance to join us again so you can truly enjoy the local area.
Lombard, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed here with a friend for an overnight getaway. I've never stayed here before, and after this stay I may re-think staying here again.

When I arrived on a Saturday evening, the parking lot was packed. Found out that there were a few events going on within the hotel at the time I checked in. It took a few minutes of circling the parking lot in order to find a space. Upon parking and checking in, I was impressed by the friendliness of the front desk staff. They made me feel very welcome on the property, and I thought this would be a five-star stay. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

One of the first things I noticed is something that has been mentioned in a few reviews - the elevators (both of them) are very small and very slow, in my opinion too small and slow for a hotel this size. It took a little more than five minutes of waiting in the lobby for an elevator to arrive.

When I got upstairs to the room, there was already a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. Uh....not a good sign. So I grabbed my bag and went back to the elevator, pressed the "down" button, and waited...and waited...and waited....for ten minutes. The elevator finally arrived, and I returned to the lobby to report my findings. The front desk staff were very apologetic and insisted that the room was not occupied. Not wanting to take the chance that they were wrong, I asked for another room. They switched me to a room on the top floor, and again I went back to the elevator, and waited...and waited....and waited. Finally, after being on property for almost a half hour, I got into my room.

The room they assigned me was beautiful and resembled a mini-suite. The bed was comfortable and very relaxing. The bathroom was of a nice size and had very good water pressure and temperature - both myself and my friend could prepare for our night out at the same time, which was a major plus. The view from my 12th floor room was beautiful, even at night.

The immediate area has a few fast food places in the area (Burger King, White Castle, McDonald's). The surrounding area appeared safe to me, however common sense should be exercised, as in any area in any city at any time.

The room generally was kept in a decent state by the housekeepers, however I noticed that there was a used Q-tip in the room. In plain view. This told me that the housekeepers were not very thorough, which is not a good sign. (See pictures.) I spoke to the front desk staff about it the following morning, and the housekeeping manager apologized for the oversight. As a result, the hotel refunded my money for the stay, but kept the points I used. Room cleanliness is extremely important, especially in this day and age, and this "oversight" may have been an honest mistake if the object was not in plain view, but unfortunately this time it was.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
chgocutie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. We truly value your input and very much rely on you to help us improve. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel overall and that the service you were provided was to the level that we expect. I regret that we failed to provide you with the flawless experience you deserve. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344
Fishers, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed here with a friend for two nights this past weekend (April 4-5, checked out on the 6th). We were traveling to Chicago for a concert at the Chicago Theatre (the band Dream Theater - AMAZING, highly recommended, I've been a fan of them for years and seen them four times now and counting) and decided to make a weekend out of it. I'll start off with the only negative: I chose the hotel because, among other things, a picture on the official website showed an indoor pool with a hot tub. I try to only stay at places with both a pool and a hot tub (I'd frankly rather have a hot tub and no pool than the other way around). I was disappointed to find that there was a pool but no hot tub; I think they removed the hot tub when they renovated a while back(?), but they haven't updated the photo on the website, which I'd recommend they do to avoid more severely disappointing future guests. It's sort of a false promise to guests, despite not actually saying in writing that they have one, as the picture implies it. But as it turned out, we kept ourselves pretty busy and wouldn't have had time to use it anyway, so it all worked out. Initially that was going to lower my rating by at least 1 point, but in all reality, the rest of the stay was just too good; I couldn't justify giving it less than 5 overall.

I was staying using my dad's HHonors points (he's a diamond member). Check-in was very easy and friendly, and although they had no room upgrades available (they were clearly almost full), we got not only free breakfast vouchers, but also vouchers for a free appetizer and free soft drink in the hotel's (wonderful) restaurant - one for each of us for each day!

We got a nice room on the 7th floor. There are only two elevators, but they're pretty high-speed; we never had to wait more than maybe 20-30 seconds, even though the place was almost full, so getting to the room was nice and easy. Very clean, a little small, no fridge or microwave, but all the basics you'd expect. Quiet, too - our room was right out from the elevators, but they don't ding on guest floors, so we never heard any noise from them. Another nice thing is that there's a sink both inside and outside the bathroom, which is very convenient when you're getting ready in the morning (or before going to sleep, etc.). The beds and pillows were very comfortable - slept great both nights!

The restaurant was one of my favorite parts of the whole stay. Like I said earlier, we had vouchers for free appetizers and free breakfast. I'll start with the appetizers - there's a whole menu of items to choose from, some apparently bigger than others. (The bartender advised us not to use our vouchers on the shrimp cocktail, since it's literally one shrimp. It may be jumbo, but come on, one shrimp isn't a cocktail... but I digress.) I got the Buffalo wings, and my friend got the poutine fries. Both were outstanding! I forget how many wings I got, but I want to say around 8, and they were nice and big - great flavor, too - served with celery and bleu cheese dressing. The poutine fries covered the entire plate, topped with gravy and a fried egg. I'd never had poutine fries before - I tried a couple, and they were interesting but good! We also got a couple of drinks; my mudslide was fantastic, and my friend enjoyed his as well! (Don't remember exactly what he got... some combination of Midori and Sprite I think, but he liked it!) Service was great, too - kudos to Eve for her recommendations and for going above and beyond to make our drinks perfect, including the unusual one my friend ordered.

And breakfast... oh man, it was great. I heard that the buffet is normally $15 a person, but I can see why. Made-to-order omelets and eggs, tons of fruits, smoked salmon(!!!), bacon, French toast, every other kind of toast/bread you can imagine... plus you can have both cold and hot beverages (coffee or tea, your choice of juice, etc.). We ate so much both days; it's hard not to when it's unlimited and so delicious! Everyone we talked to was very friendly, too - made it even better!

Bottom line: if you don't need a hot tub, stay here - you won't regret it. And if you're a diamond member and/or not super price-sensitive (i.e. your company's paying, etc.), it's a great place to eat and drink, too!

Room Tip: Higher floors are always nice. Try to get one NOT facing the train tracks to the north/northwest of...