“Don't book here if there's the slightest possibility you may have to cancel.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn

Save Saved
You added Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn to your Saves list
Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9333 South Cicero Avenue, (Cicero Avenue at 95th Street), Oak Lawn, IL 60453   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Midway Park & Fly Special
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Oak Lawn
Springfield, Illinois
“Don't book here if there's the slightest possibility you may have to cancel.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I had to cancel a room due to family illness (we called our family the day before going up and everyone was ill with the flu). I called the Oak Lawn Hilton as soon as I found this out (within 5 minutes), at 4:45 the day prior to the reservation, and they insisted on charging me for a full night. I even asked if I could just reschedule and they said that they'd still charge me for the night regardless.

I will not stay at the Oak Lawn Hilton ever again.

Bottom line, don't book a room here if there's even the slightest possibility you may have to cancel.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

It is very conveient if you need to be in the southwest suburbs. We stayed to be close to family instead of staying downtown, it is a nice place if you need to stay in the area. The rooms and lobby have been remodelded there is a resturant and bar on property, and close to Midway.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there on business. It is not a super high quality Hilton, but it is well located close to restaurants, a few shops and Walgreens. The first night we got there, we had to change rooms because our room reeked of smoke (we had asked for non-smoking room). The other room was much better, but we had to settle for 2 double instead of a king. The room was fairly large. The upkeep of the room was kept to a minimum and they did not replenish the tea supply every time. The water pressure - especially if we wanted hot water - was weak.

The gym and pool facilities were very nice - I used them twice. There is a Starbucks inside, which is convenient. The staff is very friendly. We paid $79/night plus tax, so we may stay there again.

Stayed January 2013
ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The round hotel has been a place I have stayed several times in the past several years. It is close to Midway Airport, has free parking and internet. The fitness center and pool are nice.

The televisions are too small in the rooms. The rooms themselves are nice but it would be wise to get a room that faces the street and not the railroad tracks. I made that mistake ONCE.

All in all it is a nice facility and is close to many restaurants. Not really that close to downtown but you can drive there relatively quickly as far as Chicago is concerned. You could drive to Midway and take the orange line into town also.

Room Tip: stay with a view of the street. Much quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Avon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have stayed at this Hilton several times over the years we've visited family in the south Chicago area. This time was the best. We asked for a room facing Cicero to avoid any train noise. Our room was quiet, clean and very comfortable. It was a busy Saturday night at the hotel with what appeared to be a wedding or big party but we didn't hear any noise on the fourth floor. Used the very well equipped gym in the morning. Only issue was the coffee shop wasn't open at all Sunday morning by 9:30. Would stay here again especially with the Hotwire rate.

Room Tip: Ask to face away from the tracks
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This Hilton in the round is totally sound for your next business trip to that area. Clean, decent work out room, extended bar hours, good shuttle transportation to the local airport, Midway. There are lots of inexpensive restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: There is a railway nearby so you want the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Who doesn't want to stay in a round hotel? The architecture alone makes this one unique, but don't let the exterior fool you. Inside, the decor is modern and attractive. The employee who checked me in was friendly and professional. As a Diamond member, I was given a room on Executive floor with access to the lounge. Unfortunately, I arrived too late for evening access to the lounge.
My room was spotless - it is obvious that the cleaning staff pay attention to the details because there wasn't a speck of dust anywhere! My room was spacious with a spectacular view from the 12th floor. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.
I had breakfast in the Executive lounge in the morning, arriving before 8am. There were a few other guests in the lounge, but it was not busy and there was plenty of seating. There were some nice offerings, such as fresh raspberries and blueberries, but overall, a general continental breakfast. The hot items were sausages and oatmeal and the sausages were fantastic. Many items such as pastries, yogurt and condiments were not replenished in a timly manner. Still, I had plenty to eat and the quiet environment of the lounge was very nice.
It is a easy drive to Midway airport on Cicero Ave. While traffic at that time of day is busy and the speed limit is 35, it was an easy drive to return my rental car. I allowed more than enough time to check in for my flight.
This is my new go-to location when I have business that directs me through Midway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn? Share your experiences!