“Worth the ride!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Bolingbrook, IL
“Worth the ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

After seeing their place featured on Chicago's Best, I had to try it and see what all the fuss was about.

I live about 30 minutes away from Phil's, so this would be considered "going out of my way". I ordered an extra large cheese & sausage. I found a coupon on their website for $2.50 off, even though their prices were pretty reasonable without the coupon.

This is a carry-out/delivery place only, so no inside seating. Upon arrival, you get a clear view into the kitchen to see everyone working. There must have been 20 people working this Friday night, and everyone was bustling about. Pizza's were being cut right near the front counter and packaged for delivery/pick-up.

My pizza was piping hot when I picked it up, as I saw it being cut. After my 30 minute drive home, my pizza was still warm. Reheating not necessary! The extra large size was truly extra large, unlike some places where their extra large is what a large used to be. I'm not lying when I say that there was a piece of sausage in every bite you took. They really load on the ingredients here. Obviously, plenty of leftovers!

In conclusion, my pizza had a very good taste and I was pleased with my choice. I would definitely order again and make the drive, as it was worth the ride!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Thin Crust Italian Beef And Giardinera, Extra Sauce!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Flamalicious! To die for! Always order when on the Southside! BBQ beef sandwich is amazing! BBQ sauce gets infused into the layers of beef! Really good! Good and hearty-sized too!

chitown
“Chicago pizza? Try a SW suburb Phil's Pizza !!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

For a great "take out" pizza go to Phil's in Oak Lawn. I have ordered from Phil's every time I am in Chicago. (Oak Lawn is next to SW Chicago) They only have take out or delivery pizza but it is the best. The sausage is abundant as is the pepperoni and they pile on the cheese. The place is spotless and the pizzas are made fresh in front of you. They are open til midnight on Friday & Saturday. The parking is limited and their prices are not cheap but the food really is terrific.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
USA
“Good sandwich”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Ordered the veal Parmesan sandwich and liked it . I had never ordered here but will return when in area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Illinois City, Illinois
“LOVE PHIL'S Pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have been buying Phil's Pizzas for over 27 years. Love the thin crust with sausage, onions and green peppers! Add extra cheese, (because I can) and what a wonderful way to have a delicious meal. The sauce, dough, meat, and veges, everything is YUMMY! Phi's does not scimp on the toppings at all! I can't get enough of Phil's Pizza! When I order from Phil's It's the large, or xtra large, Thin crust, with sausage, onions and green peppers! I've also ordered fried ravioli's and they are delish! They come with a dipping sauce of your choice and I always order the marinara! I love Phil's and will never stop from ordering there no matter where I live!

Visited February 2013