“Great food and quiet suroundings” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Louie's Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 111 Restaurants in Oak Lawn
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cicero
Oak Lawn, Illinois
“Great food and quiet suroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stumbled upon Louie's several years ago. If you go during the week it is a nice cozy quiet place to enjoy an intimate meal. There are no bus boys clanging dishes..and very rarely are there children in there. Two steak dinners with a couple of drinks will run around $80, but the food is delicious. They have a very nice bar area and a piano player a couple of nights a week. Louie is often there making the rounds asking people how they are doing. Saturday nights call for a reservations as it tends to be extremely busy. We love it there and try to go once a month.

• Visited January 2014

otter lake
“Pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I like it there I was one of the ones who helped remodeled and even that was pleasant the owner is vary nice. So yeah great place

• Visited November 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“faked out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Been living in this area for 23 years and never knew this place existed. Friendly greeting at the door and the atmosphere was very nice. Very good service and the music in the background was pleasant. Wine and Calamari were excellent. French Onion soup is usually my favorite, but I was unable to get past my third spoonful due to its spiciness. Never had spicy French Onion soup in my life. Was not charged for that. My wife had Chicken with Alfredo sauce. Pretty good. I had Jumbo Shrimp Linguini in wine sauce. Every forkful had a hint of sourness. Maybe the sauce, but I didn't like it. Took left overs home and ended up throwing it all away. I would give it another try though and try something else.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dolton, Illinois
“HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I took my best friend for a birthday dinner because she had raved about the food and drinks at this EXPENSIVE chop house. Needless to say, we were quite excited to try this place out. Well, boy were we disappointed. We were greeted and seated by the owner who was very nice and accommodating. Unfortunately, that is where our pleasant experience ended. Our waiter, KEITH, was extremely rude and seemingly uninterested in describing the specials of the day and also had an obvious bad attitude when dealing with my table. I noticed that we were the only African Americans in the restaurant and that he was more friendly and attentive to the other tables. We did not receive any bread when other tables did and he questioned by boyfriend about his drink choice in a very snobby and rude manner. My best friend then ordered a crab cake appetizer which is the one dish that she always orders and loves and I mentioned to KEITH that I was ready to order, which he promptly ignored and walked away. Upon delivery of the appetizer, we placed our entree orders but my friend noticed right away that the crab cakes were mushy and the pineapple salsa was discolored (dark green). When she asked KEITH why the dish looked different from every other time she ordered it, he became noticeably irritated and just snatched the plate away. We decided immediately, that we would not stay and proceed to spend money in this restaurant. When KEITH returned and asked if she wanted to order something else, I informed him that he could cancel our orders and to please bring the check. He walked away in a huff and threw the menu behind the order stand right in front of the owner. He proceeded into the kitchen where we heard him yelling to the staff to NOT COOK ANYTHING, and the rest was unintelligible. We paid the check for our drinks (EXACT CHANGE) and then expressed our grievances to the owner, who did not seem to really care, but did mention that KEITH was one of her best servers. This sent the final impression that our complaints meant nothing. I will never return to this EXPENSIVE restaurant only to be treated like a SECOND CLASS CITIZEN!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
naperville
“NEWLY REMODELED -EVERYTHING NEW - MUST SEE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Everything was excellent - I had the best strawberry drink I ever had. We all had something
different - ribs, sea bass & prime rib everyone was extremely happy with their choices. Also
the cream of chicken soup was to die for. Great atmosphere and service would highly recommend its a diamond in the ruff right in Oak Lawn

• Visited July 2013