“Lots of room for improvement.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 20%!
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Oak Brook
Washington, DC
“Lots of room for improvement.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here Fri-Sun for weekend of house hunting. Front desk staff was mildly helpful The good news is that our room was ready early. The bad news was that the the mattress was way too hard and the bathroom had random black hairs in it (on both Fri and Sat). Gross! On Saturday night drunk people ruled the hotel with lots of yelling in the hallways and slamming of doors. That was totally annoying. I expect more from a Marriott. That is, clean rooms (no strangers' hair) and quiet between the hours of 11pm-6am. I probably will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rakawa
kathy d, Manager at Chicago Marriott Oak Brook, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Rakawa,

I am sorry to hear about the problems you encountered at our hotel. I appreciate you letting me know so that we can improve our service. I will be happy to speak with you further about the experience so that we make sure all issues are resolved. Please call me directly at 630-573-8555. In the meantime, I will be working diligently with our staff to make positive changes.

Macon, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

No problems during my one week business stay. Friendly and helpful staff from check-in through check-out including concierge lounge staff. Free high-speed internet for Gold and higher and free breakfast for Gold or higher. Large room, clean and comfortable bed. Others commented on the smaller bathroom size but it is nothing unusual or problematic. It really did not appear small to me. I must admit I had some concerns about this hotel based on some of the reviews and I am happy to say that none of them appeared during my stay. There was nothing negative about my stay and it was in fact a very nice stay. The mall is across the street, 22nd street and I did walk across it every day to have dinner. This is a busy six lane highway with crosswalks. If you don't want to risk crossing that street, the shuttle driver is happy to take you to the mall. If in the area again, I will look here first.

Room Tip: I heard from three men in the lounge that their room on the interstate side was a little noisy so I...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sometrip
kathy d, Manager at Chicago Marriott Oak Brook, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Oak Brook Marriott for your stay– we’re happy to hear it was a comfortable and pleasant stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again on your future travels.– we enjoyed taking care of you.

Thank you again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I was here for a very brief one night stay. The hotel was sold out, extremely busy, yet my room on the top floor was very quiet. The room was clean, bed super comfortable. Ordered a sandwich and beer from room service for dinner. They brought it to my room within 10 minutes. Only minor negative was the parking. Arriving somewhat late in the evening, I parked in the lot on the side of the hotel closest to the adjacent Starbucks on the property. The lot seemed deserted and not very well lit. In fact, I felt compelled to ask at check in if it was part of the allowable parking area for the hotel because it seemed so dim and empty. I was afraid it didn't belong to Marriott property and my car might be towed!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear LJ,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the Oak Brook Marriott to your liking. We make ever effort to insure our guests have a safe and comfortable stay. We appreciate your insight and feedback. We look forward to serving your travel needs should you return to the Oak Brook area.
Sincerely.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Front desk staff is not particularly friendly. My room had a lot if mold on the ceiling and after telling the front room staff they did not seem to care and I had to insist on a new room. They didn't even bother to express any apology. The fact that I paid over 260.00$ for a night and they wanted another 14.95 for Internet is just sad. The rooms are not particular clean. For that price class one can find far better hotels that actually understand what customer service is. Very disappointing.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank riverwin
kathy d, Manager at Chicago Marriott Oak Brook, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Riverwin,

Thank you for your review on September 11. We deeply regret the experience you had with Front Desk staff and lack of service and quality of cleanliness of the guestroom. Please accept my sincere apology. After receiving your review, we gave the Rooms management your feedback and have required the leadership to address each of the issues you encountered and address with the associates accordingly. Please contact myself or our Senior Rooms Manager, Jennifer Woodcock directly so that we can work with you to determine an appropriate resolution to this issue. The contact information is listed below. Please know that we have taken action to ensure this problem does not occur again at our hotel and thank you for the bringing the matter to our attention.

Chicago Oak Brook Marriott
630-573-8555

Travelers are raving about these Oak Brook hotels

Santa Barbara, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is an average Marriott hotel. There is nothing extraordinary about this property. The location is very convenient to the mall,OHare,restaurants,etc. The staff was pleasant.The room was average. It was relatively comfortable. The rate was fair for this hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
kathy d, Manager at Chicago Marriott Oak Brook, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Deat Morley,
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon.

Safe travels
Directof of Operations
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Check in was great, clerk was friendly and efficient. I have a very nice room with a mini-fridge.
Parking is plentiful and free. Very nice location near enough to Midway or O'Hare and across the street from a very nice Mall with plenty of restaurants nearby. Close to Chicago but away from traffic. I'm really enjoying the stay but wish they would wash the windows. I can't see out!
The people make this place, of course the very reasonable prices don't hurt either!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MikeTretick
Dear Morley,

Thanks for staying with us at the Chicago Oak Brook Marriott. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was helpful! I’ll be sure to share your comments with them.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was great an the staff even better, I loved the rooms. Didn't get to enjoy much else of the hotel. However on my second day there housekeeping failed to clean my room. Not sure why an since I was gone all day until 10pm it was no point in calling them up then. But other than that it was a awesome stay. I am glad I choose this hotel right across the street from the mall.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Krystalw629,

Thanks for staying here at the Oak Brook Marriott. We’re glad you experienced our caring service and great hotel amenities. I do apologize for the lack of housekeeping and have reviewed your comments with our Housekeeping Manager. It is our mission to insure that we provide supreme service throughout your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back on future stays.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Brook
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
4.5 of 5 stars 709 reviews
Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook

Been to Chicago Marriott Oak Brook? Share your experiences!