“Very nice week” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Oak Brook
Chicago, Illinois
“Very nice week”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

No problems during my one week business stay. Friendly and helpful staff from check-in through check-out including concierge lounge staff. Free high-speed internet for Gold and higher and free breakfast for Gold or higher. Large room, clean and comfortable bed. Others commented on the smaller bathroom size but it is nothing unusual or problematic. It really did not appear small to me. I must admit I had some concerns about this hotel based on some of the reviews and I am happy to say that none of them appeared during my stay. There was nothing negative about my stay and it was in fact a very nice stay. The mall is across the street, 22nd street and I did walk across it every day to have dinner. This is a busy six lane highway with crosswalks. If you don't want to risk crossing that street, the shuttle driver is happy to take you to the mall. If in the area again, I will look here first.

Room Tip: I heard from three men in the lounge that their room on the interstate side was a little noisy so I...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
kathy d, Manager at Chicago Marriott Oak Brook, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Oak Brook Marriott for your stay– we’re happy to hear it was a comfortable and pleasant stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again on your future travels.– we enjoyed taking care of you.

Thank you again!

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I was here for a very brief one night stay. The hotel was sold out, extremely busy, yet my room on the top floor was very quiet. The room was clean, bed super comfortable. Ordered a sandwich and beer from room service for dinner. They brought it to my room within 10 minutes. Only minor negative was the parking. Arriving somewhat late in the evening, I parked in the lot on the side of the hotel closest to the adjacent Starbucks on the property. The lot seemed deserted and not very well lit. In fact, I felt compelled to ask at check in if it was part of the allowable parking area for the hotel because it seemed so dim and empty. I was afraid it didn't belong to Marriott property and my car might be towed!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear LJ,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the Oak Brook Marriott to your liking. We make ever effort to insure our guests have a safe and comfortable stay. We appreciate your insight and feedback. We look forward to serving your travel needs should you return to the Oak Brook area.
Sincerely.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Front desk staff is not particularly friendly. My room had a lot if mold on the ceiling and after telling the front room staff they did not seem to care and I had to insist on a new room. They didn't even bother to express any apology. The fact that I paid over 260.00$ for a night and they wanted another 14.95 for Internet is just sad. The rooms are not particular clean. For that price class one can find far better hotels that actually understand what customer service is. Very disappointing.

• Stayed September 2013
kathy d, Manager at Chicago Marriott Oak Brook, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Riverwin,

Thank you for your review on September 11. We deeply regret the experience you had with Front Desk staff and lack of service and quality of cleanliness of the guestroom. Please accept my sincere apology. After receiving your review, we gave the Rooms management your feedback and have required the leadership to address each of the issues you encountered and address with the associates accordingly. Please contact myself or our Senior Rooms Manager, Jennifer Woodcock directly so that we can work with you to determine an appropriate resolution to this issue. The contact information is listed below. Please know that we have taken action to ensure this problem does not occur again at our hotel and thank you for the bringing the matter to our attention.

Chicago Oak Brook Marriott
630-573-8555
Santa Barbara, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is an average Marriott hotel. There is nothing extraordinary about this property. The location is very convenient to the mall,OHare,restaurants,etc. The staff was pleasant.The room was average. It was relatively comfortable. The rate was fair for this hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
kathy d, Manager at Chicago Marriott Oak Brook, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Deat Morley,
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon.

Safe travels
Directof of Operations
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Check in was great, clerk was friendly and efficient. I have a very nice room with a mini-fridge.
Parking is plentiful and free. Very nice location near enough to Midway or O'Hare and across the street from a very nice Mall with plenty of restaurants nearby. Close to Chicago but away from traffic. I'm really enjoying the stay but wish they would wash the windows. I can't see out!
The people make this place, of course the very reasonable prices don't hurt either!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Morley,

Thanks for staying with us at the Chicago Oak Brook Marriott. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was helpful! I’ll be sure to share your comments with them.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The hotel was great an the staff even better, I loved the rooms. Didn't get to enjoy much else of the hotel. However on my second day there housekeeping failed to clean my room. Not sure why an since I was gone all day until 10pm it was no point in calling them up then. But other than that it was a awesome stay. I am glad I choose this hotel right across the street from the mall.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Krystalw629,

Thanks for staying here at the Oak Brook Marriott. We’re glad you experienced our caring service and great hotel amenities. I do apologize for the lack of housekeeping and have reviewed your comments with our Housekeeping Manager. It is our mission to insure that we provide supreme service throughout your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back on future stays.

St. Louis, MO.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for three nights. Wonderful stay for our bi-yearly family reunion. Hotel is at a great location across from the beautiful Oak Brook shopping mall, which is currently under renovation. Hotel was clean. Staff members were very accommodating and nice. Not far from downtown Chicago. Highly recommend this hotel. We didn't experience any of the negative comments.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Bonstehill,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the Oak Brook Marriott to your liking. It was great to hear that your say and the family reunion was a success.
We look forward to serving your travel needs should you return to the Oak Brook area for future stays or events.

Director of Operations

Been to Chicago Marriott Oak Brook? Share your experiences!