“Mostly a good experience” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Sale! Save up to 20% Off
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Oak Brook
“Mostly a good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I was here for a very brief one night stay. The hotel was sold out, extremely busy, yet my room on the top floor was very quiet. The room was clean, bed super comfortable. Ordered a sandwich and beer from room service for dinner. They brought it to my room within 10 minutes. Only minor negative was the parking. Arriving somewhat late in the evening, I parked in the lot on the side of the hotel closest to the adjacent Starbucks on the property. The lot seemed deserted and not very well lit. In fact, I felt compelled to ask at check in if it was part of the allowable parking area for the hotel because it seemed so dim and empty. I was afraid it didn't belong to Marriott property and my car might be towed!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
kathy d, Manager at Chicago Marriott Oak Brook, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear LJ,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the Oak Brook Marriott to your liking. We make ever effort to insure our guests have a safe and comfortable stay. We appreciate your insight and feedback. We look forward to serving your travel needs should you return to the Oak Brook area.
Sincerely.

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Front desk staff is not particularly friendly. My room had a lot if mold on the ceiling and after telling the front room staff they did not seem to care and I had to insist on a new room. They didn't even bother to express any apology. The fact that I paid over 260.00$ for a night and they wanted another 14.95 for Internet is just sad. The rooms are not particular clean. For that price class one can find far better hotels that actually understand what customer service is. Very disappointing.

• Stayed September 2013
kathy d, Manager at Chicago Marriott Oak Brook, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Riverwin,

Thank you for your review on September 11. We deeply regret the experience you had with Front Desk staff and lack of service and quality of cleanliness of the guestroom. Please accept my sincere apology. After receiving your review, we gave the Rooms management your feedback and have required the leadership to address each of the issues you encountered and address with the associates accordingly. Please contact myself or our Senior Rooms Manager, Jennifer Woodcock directly so that we can work with you to determine an appropriate resolution to this issue. The contact information is listed below. Please know that we have taken action to ensure this problem does not occur again at our hotel and thank you for the bringing the matter to our attention.

Chicago Oak Brook Marriott
630-573-8555
Santa Barbara, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is an average Marriott hotel. There is nothing extraordinary about this property. The location is very convenient to the mall,OHare,restaurants,etc. The staff was pleasant.The room was average. It was relatively comfortable. The rate was fair for this hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
kathy d, Manager at Chicago Marriott Oak Brook, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Deat Morley,
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon.

Safe travels
Directof of Operations
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Check in was great, clerk was friendly and efficient. I have a very nice room with a mini-fridge.
Parking is plentiful and free. Very nice location near enough to Midway or O'Hare and across the street from a very nice Mall with plenty of restaurants nearby. Close to Chicago but away from traffic. I'm really enjoying the stay but wish they would wash the windows. I can't see out!
The people make this place, of course the very reasonable prices don't hurt either!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Morley,

Thanks for staying with us at the Chicago Oak Brook Marriott. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was helpful! I’ll be sure to share your comments with them.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The hotel was great an the staff even better, I loved the rooms. Didn't get to enjoy much else of the hotel. However on my second day there housekeeping failed to clean my room. Not sure why an since I was gone all day until 10pm it was no point in calling them up then. But other than that it was a awesome stay. I am glad I choose this hotel right across the street from the mall.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Krystalw629,

Thanks for staying here at the Oak Brook Marriott. We’re glad you experienced our caring service and great hotel amenities. I do apologize for the lack of housekeeping and have reviewed your comments with our Housekeeping Manager. It is our mission to insure that we provide supreme service throughout your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back on future stays.

St. Louis, MO.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for three nights. Wonderful stay for our bi-yearly family reunion. Hotel is at a great location across from the beautiful Oak Brook shopping mall, which is currently under renovation. Hotel was clean. Staff members were very accommodating and nice. Not far from downtown Chicago. Highly recommend this hotel. We didn't experience any of the negative comments.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Bonstehill,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the Oak Brook Marriott to your liking. It was great to hear that your say and the family reunion was a success.
We look forward to serving your travel needs should you return to the Oak Brook area for future stays or events.

Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Had a good stay.

First walked into the hotel and the lobby looked redone. Went to the elite check in line to check in. The lady at check in was not having a good day, I could definitely tell. Booked a 2 double room, knowing there were suites available, and requested to be upgraded (Platinum Elite). She told me I could upgrade for a charge of $149. What? This hotel is basically empty and you are charging me for an upgrade? She told me that my upgrade was to have the mall view. But seriously, I asked multiple times to be upgraded and was very nice about it, and soon as I know it she is reciting the handbook of Marriott Platinum and what an upgrade is considered. I didn't need that.

Go up to the room and it is clean, until I looked out the window. No joke, that window either needs to be cleaned or replaced. I could barely see clearly out the window without getting on my knees and looking out.

Went down to the pool and fitness center. I think this Marriott vested all their money into both of these amenities. It was very well equipped with new equipment, pool basketball was available in the pool, and the hot tub was just the right temperature.

Slept comfortably in the bed. Wanted to grab a laundry bag out of the closet the next morning and looked up. Disgusting, moldy piping was above me. Like seriously? Look at the picture. This is not something a guest should see.

I chose the hot breakfast from the restaurant instead of bonus points given the concierge lounge was closed. Breakfast was ok. The lady making the omelettes did not leave them in the pan long enough, so mine was falling apart. There was a long line, so she was rushing. All other foods at the buffet were pretty good; fruits, sausages, potatoes, yogurt, pastries, etc.

I would say this stay was below average to ok, and because I frequently travel to Oakbrook, I don't think this Marriott will be the first one I jump to; may go to the Courtyard down the street.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Mr. Bloom,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your concerns. I apologize that we were not able to deliver the room upgrade, breakfast service standards which you deserve. I take your feedback very seriously and would like to discuss this matter in person. Please phone me at the hotel 630-573-8555 so that I may better address this matter.

Director of Operations

Been to Chicago Marriott Oak Brook? Share your experiences!