“Average Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Oak Brook
Santa Barbara, California
“Average Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is an average Marriott hotel. There is nothing extraordinary about this property. The location is very convenient to the mall,OHare,restaurants,etc. The staff was pleasant.The room was average. It was relatively comfortable. The rate was fair for this hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
kathy d, Manager at Chicago Marriott Oak Brook, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Deat Morley,
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon.

Safe travels
Directof of Operations

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Check in was great, clerk was friendly and efficient. I have a very nice room with a mini-fridge.
Parking is plentiful and free. Very nice location near enough to Midway or O'Hare and across the street from a very nice Mall with plenty of restaurants nearby. Close to Chicago but away from traffic. I'm really enjoying the stay but wish they would wash the windows. I can't see out!
The people make this place, of course the very reasonable prices don't hurt either!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Morley,

Thanks for staying with us at the Chicago Oak Brook Marriott. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was helpful! I’ll be sure to share your comments with them.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The hotel was great an the staff even better, I loved the rooms. Didn't get to enjoy much else of the hotel. However on my second day there housekeeping failed to clean my room. Not sure why an since I was gone all day until 10pm it was no point in calling them up then. But other than that it was a awesome stay. I am glad I choose this hotel right across the street from the mall.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Krystalw629,

Thanks for staying here at the Oak Brook Marriott. We’re glad you experienced our caring service and great hotel amenities. I do apologize for the lack of housekeeping and have reviewed your comments with our Housekeeping Manager. It is our mission to insure that we provide supreme service throughout your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back on future stays.

St. Louis, MO.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for three nights. Wonderful stay for our bi-yearly family reunion. Hotel is at a great location across from the beautiful Oak Brook shopping mall, which is currently under renovation. Hotel was clean. Staff members were very accommodating and nice. Not far from downtown Chicago. Highly recommend this hotel. We didn't experience any of the negative comments.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Bonstehill,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the Oak Brook Marriott to your liking. It was great to hear that your say and the family reunion was a success.
We look forward to serving your travel needs should you return to the Oak Brook area for future stays or events.

Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Had a good stay.

First walked into the hotel and the lobby looked redone. Went to the elite check in line to check in. The lady at check in was not having a good day, I could definitely tell. Booked a 2 double room, knowing there were suites available, and requested to be upgraded (Platinum Elite). She told me I could upgrade for a charge of $149. What? This hotel is basically empty and you are charging me for an upgrade? She told me that my upgrade was to have the mall view. But seriously, I asked multiple times to be upgraded and was very nice about it, and soon as I know it she is reciting the handbook of Marriott Platinum and what an upgrade is considered. I didn't need that.

Go up to the room and it is clean, until I looked out the window. No joke, that window either needs to be cleaned or replaced. I could barely see clearly out the window without getting on my knees and looking out.

Went down to the pool and fitness center. I think this Marriott vested all their money into both of these amenities. It was very well equipped with new equipment, pool basketball was available in the pool, and the hot tub was just the right temperature.

Slept comfortably in the bed. Wanted to grab a laundry bag out of the closet the next morning and looked up. Disgusting, moldy piping was above me. Like seriously? Look at the picture. This is not something a guest should see.

I chose the hot breakfast from the restaurant instead of bonus points given the concierge lounge was closed. Breakfast was ok. The lady making the omelettes did not leave them in the pan long enough, so mine was falling apart. There was a long line, so she was rushing. All other foods at the buffet were pretty good; fruits, sausages, potatoes, yogurt, pastries, etc.

I would say this stay was below average to ok, and because I frequently travel to Oakbrook, I don't think this Marriott will be the first one I jump to; may go to the Courtyard down the street.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Mr. Bloom,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your concerns. I apologize that we were not able to deliver the room upgrade, breakfast service standards which you deserve. I take your feedback very seriously and would like to discuss this matter in person. Please phone me at the hotel 630-573-8555 so that I may better address this matter.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Clean rooms though a little small. Strange layout for hotel and difficult check-in process (no where to park car near front entrance).

Located near a business park and traffic is significantly backed up into the parking garage near rush hour. Room rate ($189) is a lot more than what you get.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear MarkJofminneapolis,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us.we appreciate the feedback and comments.
Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels

Oswego, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I have been a platinum Marriott member for years, and this is by far the worst property I have ever experienced. I am traveling with friends who are also platinum members. We stopped in concierge for a snack and the hostess told us that only one platinum member and one guest were allowed. Even after we assured her that we met this requirement, she felt it necessary to repeat it 3 more times. We finally left the lounge and ate in the restaurant. Aside from this, the rooms are dated and the entire property could use a good cleaning.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear iavagabond,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I am so sorry that you did not have a good experience with us. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction, and we failed you on that. I will address your concerns with my team and use your feedback to make improvements to our service. If you would like to discuss this matter in greater detail, please phone me directly.
I hope that should you visit the Oak Brook area again you will give us the chance to show you how great we can be.

Director of Operations

Been to Chicago Marriott Oak Brook? Share your experiences!