“Very Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Oak Brook
Bourbon, United States
“Very Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Was there for a convention with my son and the staff was very helpful and the room was very nice and clean. Only downfall was small elevators. With convention goers in the Hotel and over 1000 of them the elevators where crowed and slow at times.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

GMDoubletreeOakBrook, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Paul M,

Thank you for staying with us, and for your understanding and patience. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and hope your conference was a good one.

Chris Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Petoskey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Nice hotel, clean and friendly staff, but the food is poorly prepared and lacks flavor. The eggs at the buffet were hard and tasteless, French fries are small and soaked in grease. Burgers lacked flavor.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Rick B,

Appreciate the feedback, both good and not so good. Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to share your feedback.

Chicago, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Comments Regarding the Pool Area: It would be beneficial to have some listing to the depth of the pool. My 4year old niece had a very difficult time navigating the pool - one reason I enjoy staying with Hilton because I have great experiences with the pools/spas with younger children. I could have prepared better (bring more flotation type items) so she could be able to swim and enjoy the whole pool, as opposed to clinging to the edge and me holding her. Also, I found the pool deck to be very dirty (hair everywhere, band-aids, gum/food wrappers, foot traffic dirt). The pool was pretty empty when my niece and I went swimming, so it made me wonder how long the garbage/dirt had been there. Pool water temperature felt like a exercise pool versus a recreation pool, which recreation pools are typically much warmer. Again, this isn't a complaint because I enjoy an exercise "lap" type pool. It would have been helpful to know the type of pool as then I could have brought my niece's swim shirt, etc. to keep her having fun in the pool and not worry about her getting cold. Comment Regarding the Room: I found the room to be overall pleasing. Yet, attention to detail seems to be somewhat lacking. The bathroom fixtures had quite a lot of dirt from where previous guests hands had touched them (light switches, door handles, the side of the tub, and sink areas). Also, I noticed a lot of scratches and wear on the office chair, desk, dresser, and end tables. I know from traveling, some wear on these items is to be expected, but these items were beyond the everyday hotel use wear. I enjoyed the complimentary shampoo/conditioner/soap - very nice to shower after a long day and relax with the scent of crabtree and evelyn. The room was quiet and housekeeping was attentive when I needed extra soap and towels. I enjoy this hotel location (near shopping and dining) as well as the staff were very welcoming and obliging in any way. The reception area was very well kept and modern furnishes. I would recommend this hotel, but would preface the upkeep and type of pool at this location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Arin W,

We really do appreciate the feedback. I have shared your comments with the team, and are working hard every day to ensure that every corner of the hotel is clean and welcoming.

Diamond Bar, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Me and my wife chose this hotel because my daught's middle school chosed this hotel for a musical festival in Chicago Symphony Hall. Over all this is an average hotel with outrages breakfast charge --- bowl of ceral cost $7.00. In addition, the hotel location is by tollway and for out of state traveller, it is very confusing and adds additional cost to your travel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

GMDoubletreeOakBrook, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Harry H,

I am sorry for the tollway, I do empathize, as I am on it twice a day. I do recommend booking our bed and breakfast package, as it is not much more than the cost of the bowl of cereal for our full American Breakfast buffet, including our made to order omelet station.

Brookfield, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Hotel rooms need maintenance -- rather worn and to work the shower you needed to flip the tab on the faucet - not a problem except it had been altered and i struggled to do it and my 80 year old mother couldn't get it to work at all

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

melissa k,

Thank you for letting us know there was an issue in the room and I am terribly sorry it negatively impacted your visit. We fixed the problem, and appreciate your help in our efforts to keep a clean and good working hotel.

Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I was here with a large group and made a group booking directly with the hotel and managed to sort out a very good price. We mainly had business in downtown Chicago, yet the fixed price ($42) taxi to The Loop made it possible to stay at this property which is only 40 minutes away even during heavy traffic at 8am on a weekday and 30 minutes when it's smooth.

The rooms are great and came with excellent Crabtree amenities. The beds were also very comfortable and reasonably spacious.

The fitness room was quite adequate as it gives a good selection of weights and cardio machines. There is also a pool and jacuzzi that I did not use.

The mall across the road is huge - you can literally find everything you would need. If you don't want to walk the hotel also offered shuttle bus to anywhere within the 5 mile radius for free. There are plenty of restaurants at that mall so dining was not an issue at all by staying there.

I would like to thank all the helpful and friendly staff that made my stay pleasant and assisted with all the coordination for my group. It was never too much to ask and they exceeded my expectations.

I would definitely consider to stay here again if I'm going back to the Chicago area.

Room Tip: Use the fixed price taxi to and from downtown. The Oak Brook mall just across the road is also extre...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Naperville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Firstly, staff was wonderful and room very clean. EXCEPT: No microwave or refrigerator in our room and while I'm mentioning it the ice bucket was a very small size. Seriously though, I have stayed in hotels that cost less than this and they had a microwave and refrigerator!! I was very disappointed! Then I was told that had to book in a Suite room for those. I just don't get it and expect more from a Hilton property

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Holly C,

I am sorry we don't have refrigerators and microwaves in all of our rooms. As our team said, our suites do come with those amenities.

Thank you for staying with us.

Chris Johnson

Been to Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook? Share your experiences!