“Great hotel and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Oak Brook
Ottawa, Canada
“Great hotel and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

After a terrible experience at the DoubleTree in Schaumburg, we checked into this location which was great! Staff were great and helpful, room was clean and nice, and the gym and pool were a great bonus. Located right by the mall, it was a great location for shopping.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GMDoubletreeOakBrook, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
S S,

It's not always easy to get it right every time, but it's great to get the feedback when we do. Thank you for pointing out our fitness center, considering it's a hotel, it really is a great set up.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Chris Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Galt, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The burger was under-cooked, the bread pudding was only dry bread, the wine was corked, and the wine was rancid. Everything else about the hotel was great and the bar tender Tony was a very friendly guy.

Adam L,

I am sorry we totally screwed up your room service. I have shared this with our Chef and our Outlets managers to work on being better next time. Thanks for highlighting Tony's efforts, and for the rest of the hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I were visiting here for his birthday from September 29, 2013 to October 1, 2013.We had an executive room with a balcony on the executive level floor, but the room was too small, so I called the front desk to see if we could change room to a suite. They were very nice and helpful in moving us to a suite, which was much bigger to our surprise from the executive room we first had, but it was on the fourth floor, and we lost our free breakfast by changing. I had set up for a DVD player to be there with popcorn, candy, and pop upon arrival, it was, but they were kind to have it moved to the suite.It was a mistake online that they offer a movie, popcorn, and candy. Later found out it was no longer offered, but they came up with this plan for my husband to be surprised in honor of his birthday. This was set up with the manager(Lee) and kitchen supervisor, my husband really liked the warm welcome and the new room we had.Now I did bring in my own movies, but it all went well.The next day on his bithday(Monday)we got up to go to breakfast in their cafe, they had a special place for us to sit, which was arranged by Laura(supervisor of the cafe), who I had personally talked to prior to us arriving, she went beyond her job as well as the staff to help make my husband's birthday a wonderful experience. I can't thank her and the staff in the cafe enough, the food was good as well, we enjoyed the buffet.Then at 1pm they set up a table for us to have a romantic lunch in their gazbo, near the pond were there are ducks swimming by, it was a beautiful day still outside. I also had the gentleman in the gift shop of the hotel to order a boutique of balloons(from outside vendor) for my husband to be placed in the gazbo as well(he did a good job picking it out as well) and when we arrived Laura was there to greet and surprise my husband as well.Now, I call that very good customer service and she really made this day just as special for us both. My husband stated it was like being in the movies,with the surprises and the peaceful environment on this property! The male waiter was very nice by singing Happy Birthday to my husband and serving us lunch with a great dessert(cheesecake), it tasted so good plus my husband salad was good, and very fresh. We also loved the warm chocolate chip cookies, the front desk clerk that checked us in was very pleasant, even when we made changes for the room, the fitness, pool, and whirlpool was nice and clean at this property as well. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECCOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ALL MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS! Thank you all for helping me make my husband's birthday another suscess.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
KLS13_10,

Thank you for taking the time to share such detail on your stay. Great feedback is one of the best ways for us to continue to work on improving our product, and service, and the kind words really do motivate our team.

We look forward to having you back as our guest.

san diego, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I do not think the hotel is a 5 star and i think this hiotel is way over priced. The bathrooms were not very clean, may be because it is very old and the celling have cracks. I feel this hotel has the name only and not the service or the rooms to show for.

Mahmoud D,

Thank you for sharing your experience, we did get into the room to correct the issue you pointed out. We appreciate your staying with us, and I would like to personally apologize for my team not exceeding your expectations.

Please feel free to call me on my cell phone to discuss your visit more fully.

630 715-9211.

Westwood, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

What you would expect from a Hiltion property. Was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is close by anything that you may need during your stay including shopping and food. I travel enough and am never disappointed in the Hilton properties.

Art N,

Thank you for your loyalty to our brand, and for the kind words regarding your visit. We truly appreciate your business, and we look forward to having you back as our guest.

Fox Cities, Wisc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I recently stayed here for 3 nights attending a conference. I was given a room with an adjoining/connecting door to the room next to mine. I asked to be moved but it wasn't possible. The rooms are not close to being sound proof and the adjoining door certainly didn't help. My last night stay, I had to listen to the (loud) sounds of the couple next door enjoying "adult" time together and then again at 5:30 the next morning. I felt like I was in a bad comedy sketch.

I am a big water drinker and use a lot of ice. Ice bucket is the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel room. In the 3 days I was here, I was never given a new, clean bag to put into the bucket (Yuck). Water in the room was a mere $3 a bottle(!); water in the vending machine down the hall - $2 a bottle (consistently sold out).

PolskaMama4,

I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team regarding the refresh of your ice bucket, and our vendor who refills our beverage machines. I would like to apologize that we were unable to move your room, so you were able to more fully enjoy your visit.

Thank you for helping us improve, and for being our guest.

Tolland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The room definitely needed a update. The bathroom door would not close properly. The bathroom sink was cracked and dingy. The mattress sagged in the middle and resulted in a poor night of sleep and a back ache in the morning. The food options for vegetarians was minimal. The food order was wrong and when brought to the waiter's attention, the second time the food was brought, it was still wrong. The wait for the food was extensive. The bar is small and dark but the service was good.

Fredericka C,

Thank you for your feedback about the hotel, and the team. We did correct the issues in the room to the best of our abilities, and have actually created new menus in our outlets, which do feature a number of items that would please vegetarian diners.

I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations.

Chris Johnson

Been to Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook? Share your experiences!