“Phenomenal Lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 71 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Families with children, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Schaumburg, Illinois
“Phenomenal Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Many thanks to Angela for recommending this restaurant for lunch today. It was one of the best lunches I have ever had and we would not have known it existed since it's tucked around a corner away from many of the shops. We went with the intent of leisurely enjoying several items while sampling a variety of the 3 ounce wine pours. My DD and I ended up trying 9 different wines, 8 of which were new to us. We were never rushed, enjoying the complimentary bread and oil with our first round. Huge chunks of cheese and marinated veggies in the oil ... soooo good! Then we moved on to the sausage pizza with grilled peppers ...yum! Next we split the mushroom gnocchi which was very light (not made from potatoes) with a flavorful sauce.This was our server's suggestion who said it was her favorite item on the menu. We finished by sampling each of the mini desserts. The presentation was beautiful ... shame on me for not taking a picture, but I was enjoying my food too much! We can't wait to return.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Went to this restaurant for the first time last night, and was very disappointed. First of all, it was PACKED and very noisy, so I assumed it would be great. Service was a little slow, and the veal meatballs I had were hard and a little overdone on the outside. The chocolate pudding cake dessert was great, however.

Tables were close together, because of the noise, I was unable to have decent conversation with my friend. Maybe I just had a bad night. For a Tuesday night, apparently everybody else who were packed into the restaurant thought differently. I won't go back, however.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Travelers Rest, South Carolina
“Ooh. What Just happened?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Went to our go to place in the burbs, as a final touch for a great weekend at the beach.
Again, a waiter that we couldn't understand. English "not too good". Wife had asparagus lemon ravioli and I had a favorite mushroom gnocchi.

The ravioli were barely a quarter inch high and filled with tasteless ricotta (barely a hint of lemon). Looked like they grated 1/2 a piece of asparagus-the tough end on top. Had to spit the pieces out.
Very disappointed.

Meanwhile...my gnocchi was equally as tasteless. Waiter no where to be found.
High point was vanilla gelato.
Apparently red sauce is hard to come by these days.
We are done here.
Overpriced mediocrity.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lombard, Illinois
“Best Italian food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

They have wonderful Italian food and is nicely "hidden" from the main part of the mall.
The food is quite flavorful with a pleasant atmosphere. For some dishes, like the Chicken Raguso, the pasta is not included but the flavor of the meal is superb! I recommend reservations as it can get pretty crowded.

Hinsdale, Illinois
“Nice salads, great lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

The manager at the Apple Store recommended we stop at Antico Posto because they have the best gelato. We decided to have lunch and were happy that they offered a gluten-free menu with a nice selection. I had the Kale Date salad and my husband had the Spinach Avacodo (no cheese for both) and they were delicious. We shared the Chicken Limon and our daughter enjoyed the mashed potatoes. We did not have room for gelato but will keep that in mind for the future. They do offer gluten-free pasta, so we will have to try that too.

• Visited June 2014