“Great steak, but pricey!” 4 of 5 stars

630.954.0000
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 71 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 22nd Street
Description: Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is a Rush Street legend that has just added a location in Oak Brook. Big steaks, big drinks and big shots, that's what it's all about at Gibsons! Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse Oak Brook boasts a large outdoor patio which has the capacity to seat 200 and includes a lounge area with three toasty fire pits, an Alpine Waterfall feature off the outdoor dining area and a full outdoor bar. Come in and enjoy dining on our patio or just sit around the fire pit with friends to sip some cocktails. Outdoor seating will be accommodated on a first come first serve basis.
Osprey, Florida
“Great steak, but pricey!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The boneless NY was great, but the sides and drinks were expensive. Nice that there was live music in the bar.

Visited January 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Not necessarily worth the cost”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

While I agree my steak was cooked correctly, my petite filet was really petite. We had a really good size group and tried to keep the cost down, but it still was very outrages.

I felt the tables were too close together and the atmosphere questionable. The washrooms are located on another floor and you feel obligated to tip the attendant. We were in an area where it was a hike to get to the bathrooms.

The servers were pleasant and accommodating.

Visited December 2012
chicago, il
“Kind of a let down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Unfortunately, I wish I could be writing a better review as I was excited to try the Gibson's in OakBrook. I have eaten at the one in the city and also the one in Rosemont and both experiences have been great. So my expectation was to have a similar experience to my previous trips. The service was good and the portions were large in the typical Gibson's way, but the food was really mediocre. We also ordered dessert (carrot cake) for the table and it was exceptionally dry. I really wish I could be writing a better review ,but as I said this was kind of a let down.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hinsdale, Illinois
“Over rated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Took a client for dinner and we were not impressed. The service was very good; but, the food was not. The entrees were common and not worth the price. Some of us ordered salmon and it was seriously undercooked. The filet mignons ordered by my guests were basic, nothing extraordinary. Dessert was a disappointment; while the carrot cake is humongous (vulgar!) and good, the key lime pie is horrible, very chewy and the crust in hard like a rock. Service gets a 4+ and food a 2. There are much better choices in Oak Brook, IL.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Good food, decent atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was my first time visiting the Gibson's in Oak Brook. It was a 7:00pm business dinner with a couple of associates.
First off, plan on using the valet parking. If you want to park your own car, be aware that Gibson's does not have their own parking lot. They instruct you to use the McDonald's Corporate parking (which has signs stating that your car will be towed?). And if it is a cold night, you get to walk a few hundred yards after you park. I wonder why a five star restaurant would not have their own parking?
Anyways, let's move on to the dining.
I was an hour early, so I was able to get a table in the bar. Service was quick. I ordered a Brandy Manhattan and it came with an orange and a cherry garnish. An orange? I guess there is a first time for everything. I request no garnish with my subsequent order, and it was much better.
When our party was ready, we were seated right away. They offered to take my coat and check it, and brought the ticket to me at our table. Nice touch.
I felt the dining room was crowded. You are shoulder to shoulder with the next table and had no extra room to move around. The atmosphere was nice.
I ordered the small prime rib. It was good, but definitely not in my top 5.
My recommendation is to ask for a booth, and you will have more room. Skip the prime rib and order a signature steak. And don't forget to valet park!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere