“Good Room, Nothing Above” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Oak Brook
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Room, Nothing Above”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The room was what you'd expect from a Residence Inn, which is good! Rated just average though because it isn't really anything special. Not bad, but not memorable. Staff was helpful and friendly, and parking is free, so thats a plus. It's sort of located in an industrial park, which is a bit strange, but very close to some good shopping areas.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Residence_Inn_OB, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook and taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor! I am glad that you enjoyed your room- we love our spacious suites! I hope that if your travels bring you to Chicago again that you will stay with us and allow us to create a memorable experience for you! Our standard of service is to provide an excellent experience for each guest and I apologize that we did not quite accomplish that during your stay. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you!!

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I saw the hotel from the freeway and took the next exit and walked in and asked if I could get a good rate for 3 nights. Darlene at the front desk talked to the sales manager and they were able to give me the weekend rate a day earlier. I made a reservation and said I would look at a couple of other hotels in the area and either come back or cxl by 4.30 pm. Well, none of the other similar properties in the area even came close so I came back and checked in. It's an updated, fresh residence inn with very comfortable rooms, good sized bathrooms and the usual residence inn amenties, all up to Marriott standards. I tend to feel claustrophobic in standard hotel rooms, but with the huge suites here and windows that opened, I slept like a baby and felt great. The lobby, breakfast area, business center, pool and fitness room were all good. Plenty of parking but there's nothing much within walking distance. I believe they do have a free shuttle to take you to the nearby restaurants etc., in case you don't have a car. The staff is simply wonderful and pleasant. Darlene, thank you for being so hospitable and cheerful all the time. Mike, thanks for giving me the directions to and from downtown. I had a wonderful stay and would like to stay with you guys again whenever I'm back in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Residence_Inn_OB, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Oak Brook!! We are very lucky to have Darlene and Mike as part of our team and are glad that you had an excellent stay! We strive to provide a superior guest experience and hope that you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to Chicagoland!
Southfield, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I travelled with my 4 kids and 3 adults, so we had 2 rooms. The room with the suite (a let out couch) was very uncomfortable and not much support nor padding on the mattress. Aside from that, the hotel was nice and the staff was excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Residence_Inn_OB, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook! I apologize that our sofa bed was not up to your standards! If you stay with us again, we would be happy to provide an extra mattress pad to enhance the comfort level of the sofa! I am glad that you had a great experience with our team, we are always striving to provide an excellent guest experience. I appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel and hope that you will stay with us again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a few nights and was on a higher floor and on the highway side. Was kinda loud but once a fell asleep it was fine and I didn't hear anything. They have complimentary breakfast daily with a decent variety. They so have a cocktails and a light dinner Monday through Wednesday. Didn't take advantage of the amenities so I can't comment on that. Overall I would stay again but it is kinda pricey.

• Stayed August 2013
Residence_Inn_OB, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook and taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our social hour and enjoyed our breakfast! I hope that you will be able to stay with us again in the future and use some more of our amenities!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I booked several rooms at this hotel for my family reunion. We stayed in the one bedroom studio and two bed room suite rooms. Suites are large, clean and very comfortable. Kitchenettes are very convenient. I loved the amenities from the complimentary breakfast to the pool/whirlpool. We especially enjoyed the main living/dining room area. Staff was very friendly and customer service was excellent. Special thanks to manager Amanda, and Darlene and Solomon at the front desk. I definitely would recommend this hotel, especially for group gatherings.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Residence_Inn_OB, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook and taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We strive to provide excellent customer service and are very luck to have Amanda, Darlene and Salomon on our team. We hope to see you again soon!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed August 1 - August 4th for my family's reunion. Staff was VERY friendly. Hotel was very clean. I need to repeat staff was VERY FRIENDLY from the front desk clerks to the support/cleaning staff. Front desk staff always acknowledged you and kudos especially to Darlene. Location was excellent and it was about 20-30 minutes from downtown Chicago and 20-30 minutes from the western suburbs. We plan to visit Chicago again and we will stay here again. Also, it is right off of 22nd street, which connects you to any tollway/highway and/or shortcut from DuPage County to Chicago.

Room Tip: Room 308 close to the elevator, but far enough that you didn't hear people going on/off the elev...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Davie, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

One of the best hotels I have ever visited! About 30 min. from Chicago.... traffic somewhat bad, but worth it to stay in such a perfect hotel. Staff very pleasant and accommodating. Breakfast daily fresh and hot. Several nights, they had happy hour with free appetizers and alcohol. Room design very spacious. Bedding more comfortable than the Ritz! Best part about this hotel, by far, was the peace and quiet. I never heard another person while I was in my room. Best away night sleep I have ever had.

Room Tip: We had a high floor and it was very very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook? Share your experiences!