“Great Family Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Oak Brook
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Family Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I booked several rooms at this hotel for my family reunion. We stayed in the one bedroom studio and two bed room suite rooms. Suites are large, clean and very comfortable. Kitchenettes are very convenient. I loved the amenities from the complimentary breakfast to the pool/whirlpool. We especially enjoyed the main living/dining room area. Staff was very friendly and customer service was excellent. Special thanks to manager Amanda, and Darlene and Solomon at the front desk. I definitely would recommend this hotel, especially for group gatherings.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Residence_Inn_OB, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook and taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We strive to provide excellent customer service and are very luck to have Amanda, Darlene and Salomon on our team. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed August 1 - August 4th for my family's reunion. Staff was VERY friendly. Hotel was very clean. I need to repeat staff was VERY FRIENDLY from the front desk clerks to the support/cleaning staff. Front desk staff always acknowledged you and kudos especially to Darlene. Location was excellent and it was about 20-30 minutes from downtown Chicago and 20-30 minutes from the western suburbs. We plan to visit Chicago again and we will stay here again. Also, it is right off of 22nd street, which connects you to any tollway/highway and/or shortcut from DuPage County to Chicago.

Room Tip: Room 308 close to the elevator, but far enough that you didn't hear people going on/off the elev...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Davie, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

One of the best hotels I have ever visited! About 30 min. from Chicago.... traffic somewhat bad, but worth it to stay in such a perfect hotel. Staff very pleasant and accommodating. Breakfast daily fresh and hot. Several nights, they had happy hour with free appetizers and alcohol. Room design very spacious. Bedding more comfortable than the Ritz! Best part about this hotel, by far, was the peace and quiet. I never heard another person while I was in my room. Best away night sleep I have ever had.

Room Tip: We had a high floor and it was very very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for over 80 days. Every single staff member was beyond kind to me and my wife. They helped us with anything we needed. The room and hotel was the cleanest we have seen. The location is within 20 minutes of anything you want to do (ie. Chicago, Morton Arboretum, etc). Great place to stay!

• Stayed June 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I spent over a month at this hotel back in April/May 2013. I stayed on the 5th floor with a room facing the rear parking lot. My room was very quiet and rarely heard any other noises, especially from outside the hotel. This property does not have a sports court. My room was a studio suite with a two-burner cooktop, no oven. The wifi was great. I was able to use my Slingbox with acceptable speed and bandwidth.

The nice thing about the hotel is that it is close to the major highways and shopping in the Oak Brook area. The not so cool thing is there is nothing around this hotel within walking distance.

I would stay here again in a minute. The staff made me feel welcome and were very accommodating to my every request.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed at this hotel during a shopping trip to Oak Brook. We were checked in by a very friendly staff member. We were able to each choose a free snack for the night from the selection near the front table. Our room was clean and spacious, as well as quiet.

The morning breakfast included a large variety such as pancakes, waffles, fried potatoes, eggs, breads, etc. Even toppings for the eggs and pancakes were available. We weren't there earlier in the week, but according to the magnet on the fridge, special evening meals are available on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Seems like a great choice if you are there long term on business.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Residence_Inn_OB, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook! I am so glad that you enjoyed our shopping package and extensive breakfast. We hope to see you again soon! Sincerely- Brooke Amelse, Front Desk Manager
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We recently stayed at the Residence inn, The Hotel is clean, has huge rooms, and has extremely friendly and helpful staff. Debbie the front desk agent was very helpful with describing lcoal attractions and even called restaurants to make reservations for us. We would definitly stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Residence_Inn_OB, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience on Trip Advisor! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very lucky to have Debbie as a member of our team. I hope that you will stay with us again soon! Sincerely, Brooke Amelse- Front Desk Manager

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook? Share your experiences!