“Not up to "steakhouse" quality” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 22nd Street
Description: Phone 630-954-0000. They have original restaurant down in the city of Chicago. This place is outstanding for the western suburbs. I hope you will include it on your site. Thank you for your time & attention. -A.
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Not up to "steakhouse" quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were there for father's day 2013. I had the petite filet, ordered medium rare. The server said at the time of ordering that meant center would be just warm and red. I said good. It came out cooked at least medium, i.e. center had just a little pink. The flavor was just ok, not that steakhouse wow great flavor of an aged steak. Since I was a guest, I did not complain. This steak was one of the less expensive steaks on the menu, but still it was not worth the price charged.

I will not be going back as a paying customer and will suggest we not go back.

Visited June 2013

75% Recommend
Chicago
“A nice steak house...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I had the opportunity to dine here in a private small group function and this was my first time here at Gibson's in Oak Brook. The room was just right and the appetizers were delicious - including jumbo shrimp cocktail and a tomato & mozzarella combo. I was a bit disappointed in that they only had (offered) one soup - cream of mushroom, which I passed on. The salad was good, nothing too special. I ordered the 14 oz filet and it was a very nice piece of meat. Very tender and cut easily - although I have to say that as good as it was, it does not beat Ruth's Chris Steakhouse filet. I also had a side of King Crab Legs which were some of the best that I have had - nice large legs and very tender meat. On a side note, I can't remember the last time I was in a restaurant and there was a bathroom valet. I am sorry but I can handle my own soap and towel without the pressure of having to tip someone - please do us a favor and nix the bathroom valet folks, not needed, especially in a classy steakhouse. The service was good but than again we were in a private room/function so I would expect very good service. I would go back again - as sometimes I am not in the mood to drive into the city for Ruth's Chris.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Loda, Illinois, United States
“Poor Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

As a belated mother's day gift, my granddaughter and great-granddaughter took me here for lunch. Everyone was dressed up, except us, we were dressed very casual. I was a little shocked at the prices, and suggested we go elsewhere, but granddaughter said no. My (small) salad was delicious and for a small salad, was just that small and expensive. As the bus boy (man) was clearing the table he spilled my FULL glass of water in my lap. He said he was sorry, it was his first time. I couldn't help myself, I asked " bussing or spilling water in customers' laps". I could not move and was thoroughly soaked. The waiter came, presented us with the check, said sorry and left. As we were leaving I was dripping water as I walked. The hostess said sorry. No one offered us a discount on our meal, a dessert, nothing! I know it was only water, but really. I had traveled over 2 hours to spend the day with them and drove home wet. This is customer service? I get better treatment at Burger King!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Plainfield, Illinois
“My Birthday”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife planned an intimate dinner for my birthday at Gibson's in Oak Brook, Illinois. The food was excellent, the portions were enormous, the service outstanding. Saying all of that I can tell you I won't be back. The noise in the restaurant was deafening. We sat in a booth and had to repeat everything we said. The place was cramped, even the wait staff had trouble moving around the tables. They placed 6 people next to us at a table that should have sat 4. Not my idean of an intimate dinner. My wife felt terrible as she had planned this for some time. All that I can say is if you're looking for a quite place to have an outstanding meal, Gibson's isn't the place. Try the Melting Pot in Naperville. Now that's intimate.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palos Heights, IL
“Best steakhouse in the Chicago area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have been there for lunch and dinner. Delicious both times. I enjoyed the trio of fillets for lunch and a petit filet for dinner. The desserts are WOW.

• Visited February 2013