“Nice hotel but smelled of smoke” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #7 of 11 hotels in O'Fallon
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Nice hotel but smelled of smoke”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed one night at this hotel overall very nice and clean. The service was good as well. We checked into the hotel around 12am and the lady at the front was very nice. The room was very clean and the kitchen area was very nice. My only complaint is that I did ask for a non smoking room and the whole hall way and into the room smelled of smoke. - if you don't mind the smoke smell this is a very affordable and clean hotel to stay at... very roomy as well

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - O' Fallon, IL, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am happy to hear that our staff provided you with friendly and courteous. Please accept our apologies concerning the smell in the hallway. We do have designated non- smoking floors. I will coach my team to explain that we do have one floor that is divided. Still, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you again, for choosing our hotel. We hope to see you in your future travels.

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mt. Vernon, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

easy access to the interstste, and shopping and reasturants. Staff was friendly, hotel was nice and clean. room was clean updated with a kitchen. not to many tv channel choices but over all a nice place to stay will stay at another extended stay

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - O' Fallon, IL, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel. I truly appreciate your taking the time to acknowledge our friendly staff and the freshness of our accommodations. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area. Thank you and happy travels.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for the weekend visiting family. Staff were nice, coffee and breakfast bars were nice, room was decent, except...there was dog urine in the carpet that gave the room a bad smell. After spraying Lysol on the air conditioner fins I didn't figure out what it was till the last night when I actually pressed a soapy wash cloth on the carpet stains and it came up yellow. I found another stain near the bed. I also found the refrigerator noisy so I unplugged it and at least for me I found the bed extra hard. You pay extra if you want to get the room cleaned/changed and you go to the front desk for fresh towels. You take your own trash out to a central area. The windows open for fresh air. All in all if it weren't for the dog stains I might come back because it was still a good value, but after this I won't stay in another hotel that "welcomes" pets. I would advise the staff to clean the carpets after any pets stayed in the room, or at least vacuum the pet hairs and inspect for stains.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hi Terri,

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Yes, we are pet friendly and our policy is to steam clean the carpets and furniture once the guest departs. I met with the staff, and we are taking extra precautions to help identify this issue in the rooms. We want to thank you for the kind words about our staff and how you enjoyed everything else concerning your stay. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us. Thank you and happy travels.

Travelers are raving about these O'Fallon hotels

Forsyth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Recently, my wife and I decided to drive from central Georgia to Montana and Wyoming for vacation plans. After driving over 11 hours we decided to stay near St. Louis and arbitrarily chose to spend the night at this location. After departing the next morning, I checked my bank account to ensure the billing was completed with the proper charges. Surprisingly, I saw the hotel had double charged my account. I called the desk to inquire about the issue and the manager was not in. However, the clerk assured me she would forward the issue to the manager upon her return. Sure nuff, I received a call not too long after and the manager explained the issue and was extremely helpful in fixing the issue. What could have easily been a hassle to vacationers tuned into a reminding occurrence that good people are still around and they are not all out to get ya.. KUDOS to the fine folks here at the extended stay. Nice Job, well done.
JJ

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - O' Fallon, IL, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
John - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful comments about our staff and your room. Still, I am very sorry that your credit card was overcharged; however, it is great to know that our staff was able to rectify this issue in a timely fashion.

Plano TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

A last minute decision to stay at this location since the hotel we were going to stay at had just changed its management and it made me nervous. The person handling check in at the Extended Stay quickly helped and arranged for a nice room. Everything was great. Room was clean and as expected.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - O' Fallon, IL, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Jim - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your travel arrangements at the last minute. As well, I look forward to sharing your wonderful words with the staff.

Thank you and it would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

The room was very clean and well kept. I liked the little kitchen area with a refrigerator, microwave, and stove. Overall a great experience at a good price. The hotel is also close to restaurants and shopping. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - O' Fallon, IL, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are pleased that we were able to provide a clean and comfortable room during your stay. The entire staff at our hotel strives to provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings. It is so rewarding to know that we were able to do that for you.

Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I booked this for one a night stay with my wife as we were driving back through on Priceline. The reviews marketed it as a great hotel with good accommodations. But, do not trust the reviews on this one. Upon going to our room it reeked of smoke and marijuana. I immediately called the front desk to see if this room was for sure non-smoking as I suffer from terrible allergies and asthma. She assured me it was, but the smoke was from the rooms above us and to turn on the bathroom vent. We did that and also opened a window. The response I got was like, yeah we know it smells like smoke even though its a non-smoking room but we can't do anything about it. We ended up opening a window and I took pictures of several burn marks in the carpet. Corporate needs to seriously invest in these rooms if they're going to market them as non-smoking. Will never be staying at this chain again.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - O' Fallon, IL, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described regarding the smoke smell in your non-smoking room is truly regrettable. I am working with our housekeeping staff now to ensure this is removed from the room as soon as possible. As well, please know, we do not condone illegal activity of any kind. Due to that, we take your comments very seriously and will take action as needed.

Please feel free to contact me directly, at ofl@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I assure you that this was an isolated incident and would appreciate that you would try our hotel in the future. Thank you.

Been to Extended Stay America - St. Louis - O' Fallon, IL? Share your experiences!