“Hotel Hell” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Home Towne Suites O'Fallon

You added Home Towne Suites O'Fallon to your Saves list
Home Towne Suites O'Fallon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   148 Regency Park, O'Fallon, IL 62269 (Formerly Suburban Extended Stay)   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in O'Fallon
Chicago, Illinois
“Hotel Hell”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Carpets stained, clientele is very ghetto. We had to stay here during a relocation. The only highlight was the staff they are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is not cleaned well. We found roaches, TVs suck, and just not my cup of tea. I didn't feel comfortable here at all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
OFALLONIL, General Manager at Home Towne Suites O'Fallon, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
DairyGeek

Thank you for taking the time in writing a review on the Suburban Extended Stay, I would like to give you a few fact about our property so there is no misunderstanding about the clientele or the property itself.

90% of all the guest that stay with us is from Scott Air Force Base, we have a mixer of active and retired military families that are staying with us during there move to Scott or there transition out of Scott. Some families have loved ones that are deployed oversees and they are here watching over there kids and or belongings. No matter what it is none of the guest here are "Ghetto", in fact I would have to say this is one of the safest hotels.

As I stated before in a previous comment, because you have also made a serious accusation that effects the perception of the hotel I'm compelled to state a few facts about bugs. #1 they are brought in by people. #2 they have nothing to do with cleanliness or lack there of and #3 they can be brought into any establishment i.e. hospitals, dorm rooms, retail centers etc. They are not just subject to hotels.

We have implemented preventative measures to ensure we don't have any issues. This would include training conducted by a nationally recognized pest elimination company. Not only are we on a preventative plan. Due to the public misconceptions about bugs we felt that this was a good proactive measure to ensure our guests can stay and sleep with the utmost confidence that this property has gone above and beyond all expectations.

Jaclyn Gross

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Anderson, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I would give 0 stars if possible, this place was gross. we went to leave on a sunday and we saw a bug in my car. brushed it off and then boom we see one in my house then a few days later we see another one in our house. we call orkin and show him the bug its a GERMAN COCKROACH- most commonly picked up in HOTELS!!!!! They refused to help us they would NOT give me my money back, they lied to us left and right and this place was a JOKE! Thank GOD they do not serve food I will NEVER stay there again- we always stay on Regency Park and have never had a problem until we went to this hotel... SAVE YOURSELF THE HASSLE OF NASTY BUGS AND DO NOT STAY THERE

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
OFALLONIL, General Manager at Home Towne Suites O'Fallon, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are truly sorry to hear about your alleged incident. I can see that this is your first and only review. I hope that it wasn't written in haste relative to your communications with our corporate office. They are trained to separate fact from fiction and I see that you were not satisfied with their answer. They have all our preventative maintenance documents on file and there was no question as to our side of your alleged accusations because of our credibility and ability to provide more documentation than requested.

Because you have made a serious accusation that effects the perception of the hotel I'm compelled to state a few facts about bugs. #1 they are brought in by people. #2 they have nothing to do with cleanliness or lack there of and #3 they can be brought into any establishment i.e. hospitals, dorm rooms, retail centers etc. They are not just subject to hotels.

We are proud of our establishment and proud of our reviews by guests who and have continuously stayed with us.

In regards to your stay we do know that your room was included in the preventative plan. Please take a look at where you were previously and maybe the source can be discovered and dealt with accordingly.

Jaclyn Gross

Been to Home Towne Suites O'Fallon? Share your experiences!