“Top service, genuine care, comfort, beautiful accommodations, friendly staff, low prices - an unbeatable choice!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Chicago Northlake O'Hare South

2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2080 N. Mannheim Rd, Northlake, IL 60164   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Northlake
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

My 3-week business stay here was outstanding, thanks to Maria, Maggie and the others...I cannot recommend it highly enough! They went the second and third mile to ensure that I was well taken care of. They handled my requests with poise, professionalism and genuine caring, whether I needed a band-aid, extra documentation or directions to local sites. I stayed in a King room with an incredibly comfortable bed...the best sleep I ever got!! With excellent rates, this place outclasses any other Super 8 I've seen, and the service rivals top hotel establishments. They are committed to their guests' satisfaction and comfort. As a single woman I felt secure and safe here. I definitely made the right decision for my extended stay here!!!
A continental breakfast is included with the room, and delicious dining is available in adjoining restaurant. The steak omelet is awesome – and very filling!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

185 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2008

This hotel is scary!! My friend and I booked a non smoking double online as a place to crash for a few hours before our early morning O'Hare flight, it was awful! We checked in about midnight after I told them at booking it would be a late arrival and she said that there was an error made, they didn't have anymore doubles left so she gave us a king at a discount. Didn't matter anyway, we were only gonna be there 3-4 hours. On our way to the room we had to walk down this hallway where they are remodeling, it looked like something out of a horror movie, it was so scary. I would of taken a pic of it but i was too afraid to stop and get my camera out! Finally we make it to our room only to see how nasty it was. There were holes in the walls with mold coming out of them (see pic), crap all over the carpet and the tub looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time! We decided to lay on top the bed to catch a nap, too afraid of what we would find if we turned the bed down! We kept the lamp on that kept flickering off and on the whole time! Although the hotel itself is horrible, the lady at check in seemed apologetic. When we tried to buy a soda out of the machine with no luck, she did offer us some orange juice and she called a cab for us when it was time to go to the airport at no charge to us.

• Liked — The lady at check in and how close it is to O'Hare
  • Disliked — everything else!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Lapper,Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

We didn't even get to stay here!!We booked a room 3 days in advance,got there and they don't have our reservation.The lady at the desk started screaming at me!!Then they send us to the compfort inn wich charged Way too much!!the lady at Econo-Lodge called the Compfort Inn and starts speaking Polish to the other person,I thought this was Very Rude because when we got to the Compfort Inn the person spoke English!! I will Never recommend this place to anyone wether I know them or not!!! Completely disgusted!!!!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dubuque, Iowa, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2007

Marginal, at best, is a suitable for description for this property.

The carpets could do with replacing, and there is a 3-4" gap at the bottom of every hotel room door......big enough for a rat to squeeze under! You can hear everything that goes on in the hallways.

Hotel is directly below the flight path of one of O'Hare's runways, and, you will hear planes constantly throughout the day. They appeared to stop at night......after 11pm. There are also railroad tracks, immediately to the south of the Hotel.

When I woke up in the morning, which was the result of several other guests shouting in the hallway, I noticed that there were condom wrappers laying in the hallway.

One redeeming quality is the attached family restaurant, which did serve a great breakfast. The local police departments frequent the restaurant, but, they ride in pairs......which doesn't say a lot for the local neighborhood.

Best to pay a little extra, and stay in a property which is a little more upscale and cleaner than this one.

• Liked — The Restaurant
  • Disliked — All Around Appearance Of A "Pay By The Hour" Hotel
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2007

The front desk staff had no clue what they were doing. They had me booked into two rooms at once and swipped my card so many times I had to check with my visa company to make sure I had not been multi-charged.
The night was a warm and the air con did not work. Went to front desk to report fault and was told the air con was off in all the rooms. The woman on the desk told me to "open a window" if I was hot. My room was on the ground floor and being a woman alone in an unfamilier city, being told to "open the window" was not acceptable. Aside from that, the bathroom was filthy with someone else's pubic hairs in the tub. There were dust bunnies on the floor and the springs to the bed were shot. Complained the next day to the day staff, woman just shrugged her shoulders and turned away. The staff don't care about the customer. That is not the way a motel should be run!

• Liked — Leaving it
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2006

I stayed at this hotel on the 8th of July, and a few other times. It's your basic no frills hotel. Checking in and out is a slow moving process. At checkout call the front desk and say you will be checking out in 20 minutes and if they could have everything ready. If you are looking for Chicago in this area forget it. It's a standard airport hotel and for over nighters(if you know what I mean). Great shuttle service, which is free. There is a grocery store and a few bars within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
harvard100, Manager at Super 8 Chicago Northlake O'Hare South, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Dear Guests,

Please be advised that the Super 8 Northlake Chicago O'Hare South Hotel has been under new ownership and management since 2009. Any reviews prior to this date do not apply and should in no way be associated with the service and accommodations of the Super 8 Northlake O'Hare South hotel today. Thank you for your understanding.

Management
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2006

I stayed at the Hotel in August and yes the area has seen its better days but the room was clean and the staff was friendly. I was picked up by the manager as my flight did not get in until 1am due to delays and he was very friendly. Breakfast was rolls and coffee again nothing fancy but it worked. If you need a place to crash for the night this place will do, but dont come in with high expectations just expect a cheap price and a bed.

• Liked — Value and location
  • Disliked — nothing due to the price, did not have much expectations
  • Tips/Secrets — dont expect a lot just, if you are expecting to get a 5 star hotel and not pay for it this is not the place
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear Guests,

Management

Been to Super 8 Chicago Northlake O'Hare South? Share your experiences!