“World Class Hotel in Northbrook” 5 of 5 stars

2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Northbrook
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hunterdon County
“World Class Hotel in Northbrook”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We always stay at the Hilton Northbrook when we visit family in the area. As Hilton Gold/Honors members we stay on the executive floor and really appreciate the amenities: plush bathrobes, free wifi, complimentary breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres, large rooms, large bathrooms - and great service in general. The also have one of the nicest hotel pools And a terrific restaurant, Allgauer's, as well.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bobmsmith, Director Room Divsion at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found the hotel to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Have a great summer 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Roseville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Hotel is spacious, has wonderful food especially breakfast and the rooms are quiet. Unfortunately the staff seem like they really dislike their job and it comes out in the poor quality of service. The fitness room is also too small for the number of people the hotel holds.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Highlands, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Great value for the business traveler. A one week stay at most facilities is usually a long week-- not so at the Hilton at Northbrook. The amenities included a micro-wave, refrigerator, and everything to help make the decision to eat and work in the room comfortable. The restaurant included a wonderful breakfast and lunch buffet. The staff was very accommodating, especially the transportation driver Steve. If you need comfort at work, Hilton Nortbrook is a great choice for the business traveler.

Room Tip: Stay on an odd floor to access the ice machines.
Gary S, Manager at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for the great review. We appreciate all the nice comments and I will be sure to share them with our staff. We hope to see you soon and have a wonderful day.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

This hotel is focused on the business perspective and should not be used as a pleasure stay. It is fully functional and serves the business traveler better than most. The beds are awesome, which is one of my number one priorities.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Gary S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for the great review. We appreciate your comments and I will be sure to share them with our staff. We hope to see you soon and have a wonderful day.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed at this hotel last month (Feb 2014) on a business trip. I did not rent a car, since I was only going to be staying for a few days. I took a cab from the airport. (Incidentally, the city cabs charge a 50% premium, so take one of the suburban cabs, which can be called from a kiosk at baggage claim at O'Hare). The hotel is a big, sprawling place in a remote suburban area. The only commercial business I saw nearby was another hotel across the street. The hotel runs a shuttle within a 5-mile radius, but nobody pointed this out and I did not find this out until just before I left. I guess they don't want to encourage people to leave the hotel, In fact, I noticed, when I arrived, that I had left an OTC med at home and I asked the people at the desk if there was any drug store that I could walk to. The people at the desk told me that there were none and referred me to their in-house shop, which has a very small (and, in my case, unsatisfactory) selection of sundries. Why they did not tell me about the shuttle, I don't know.

The equipment in the exercise room seemed to be in bad repair, particularly the equipment closest to the gym entry door. The cycling machine nearest the door had a resistance adjustment that did not work and one of the treadmills sounded like it was going to fall apart if you went over 8 mph or so. The elevator was agonizingly slow and I thought the people at the front desk seemed generally young and inexperienced.

The rooms are nicely equipped, including a telephone in the bathroom and a shower with a lot of settings. The internet connection was good. The elevators seemed agonizingly slow, so it seemed to take a long time to simply go to my conference, which was in the same hotel.

All in all, it was nice, but if I had not had a conference in that hotel, it would not have been my choice, either for business or vacation. For a vacation in Chicago, it is too remote. For a business trip, it took too long to travel to and from the hotel room. The business center facilities seemed basic. I think the hotel needs some updating.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience.

We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. We'd love to have you as our guest to ensure you have the best travel experience.
Minneapolis, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I like (and have stayed several times) this property because of the location, quietness, and restaurant. The hotel is very clean throughout and I even got upgraded to a larger corner room. I had access to the concierge lounge and even vouchers for the restaurant breakfast. The restaurant staff at breakfast is very nice and efficient. The only gripe I had was my room key did not work to open the door - even goign back down to the front desk twice and changing keys

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I'm excited to inform that we are starting several renovation projects in July 2014 that will further enhance our guest experience.
Arlington Heights, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The hotel was very nice - from the moment we walked into lobby, passed the fireplace, down the hall and to the room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We got a suite with a oversized jacuzzi tub for a great value.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Good morning and thank you for staying with us, we appreciate you taking the time to write such a good review our hotel and services.

Our staff take great pride in servicing our customers and we value your Loyalty..

Have a great day and thanks again for the "Excellent" review..

Been to Hilton Northbrook? Share your experiences!