“Its not the price you pay but quality of hotel you choose” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Northbrook
Fargo, United States
“Its not the price you pay but quality of hotel you choose”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

From a pilots prospective. A very nice hotel at a good price. While I was only there for a quick stay,( I had to fly out at 6am the next morning) what I experienced from this hotel, the kindness of staff and amenities offered I am very happy with my stay and plan to return. It was my first time out side of the Chicago airport and the staff was more then happy to direct me to the amazement that Chicago had to offer on the 4th of July. I cant say enough about how happy I was to choose the Hilton in Northbrook after staying with them. But me choosing this hotel for my next stay with out hesitation I hope says some thing. The room was very clean and properly organized and quiet. I felt welcome, the pool was very nice and so was the lobby. The manager said the restaurant is top notch and I dont doubt that. I will find that out upon my return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Good afternoon and thank you for the "Excellent" review. I appreciate you taking the time to write such a thorough discription of your experience at our hotel and what to do in Chicago.

Have a Great Summer!!

Thanks again

246 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I like to choose Hilton hotels bc most of the time you get a good hotel at a good price. I have not yet had a bad stay at one and this one in Northbrook IL continues my belief. I liked the location because its close to the airport (Chicago Executive) by which I flew in. The staff was friendly and the day I went in the Hotel manager was working....It was the 4th of July. I have never visited Chicago before and I had a lot of questions about what to do in a day. He was more then knowledgeable about every thing going on and all of his recommendations were an exact. From travel, by train and water taxi, to what I would expect and want to see while downtown. He even gave me a ride in his personal car to the train station. That was WAY above expectations!!!!! He got out a map for my use and marked on it places to visit along with a few warnings about when the water taxi and train routes end at night. Which you do want to know. A cab rid from downtown to Northbrook will hurt your wallet. The room was very quiet, and clean and fashionable. I wish i would have stayed longer to enjoy the amenities of this hotel, but my next trip to Chicago I will. It was great!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, July 9, 2013

Have a Great Summer!!

Thanks again,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past few months. I have no complaints. The rooms are nice and always clean. The location is good for what I need. I have not really eaten at the restaurant. I have access to the Executive Lounge, and it's not the best. Pretty basic. But I'm happy to have access to water and snacks when I need them. If you want modern, or fancy, this isn't for you. But for a decent business hotel it more than meets the mark.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Good morning and thank you for staying with us, we apppreciate you taking the time to give us such a good review.

Have a Great summer 2013..Stay Cool...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have stayed at the Hilton-Northbrook numerous times. The service is always, without exception, stellar. The staff are kind, helpful, and professional. Their good work allows me to be well-rested and well fed while working away from home. Simply an amazing staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Good afternoon and thank you for staying with us, we appreciate you taking the time to give the hotel such a good review.

Have a Great Summer and stay Cool..
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Doozey of a stay, I recommend avoiding Hilton Northbrook. My journey began with a late night (11 ish PM arrival). I was greeted at the door by a skunk (though some tourists enjoyed him/her). After check-in it was impossible to get dinner (no room service, no mini bar, no vending machines, on premises bar stopped serving food, and had closed early to boot). Key to room did not work on first try.

Room smelled (almost like a mildew smell) and it felt damp and warm at the same time. Strange layout with bathroom area separated by partial wall. Furniture, rugs, lamps, etc were old and tired and looked dirty (even if just perception). Towels sub par, hot water can best be described as lukewarm.

The following morning the car service that the front desk had allegedly reserved the night before was not actually booked (though they were able to accommodate pretty quickly).

Lobby was packed to the gills in the morning with conference/group attendees.

Bottom line is this hotel is tired, uncomfortable, and in poor shape. Not worthy of the Hilton name. I recommend you stay downtown and commute.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We again apologize for the inconveniences that you endured, if there is anything we can do to correct this please let us know. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
East Meredith, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed at this Hilton for a conference and found the staff to be extremely professional and friendly. They couldn't have been more helpful and the hotel was spotless: from the front of the building to the lobby, public restrooms, conference rooms, dining room and guest rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Good afternoon and thank you for staying us, we appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel.

I will share your comments with the our team members at the weekly staff meeting.

Again thank you for the Excellenrt review..

Have a Great Summer...
Downers Grove, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Adequate, but I stayed in a Days Inn in Ohio 2 days later and found that to be better than a Hilton in Illinois. More for my money with a Days Inn and just the same quality, actually bigger room and the air conditioner took the humidity out of the air at the Days Inn. At the Hilton the air conditioner in the room was working, but it was not taking the humidity out of the air, so the room felt damp. At the Hilton if you wanted a refrigerator in your room, you would have had to request it prior to arriving. The room was small, it was okay for 2 people, but if we had our entire family of 4, it would have been tight. Furniture in room was scratched and looked beat up. Bathroom was very tight space, you could barely shut the bathroom door without falling into the toilet & tub. The name Hilton does not mean what it used to mean, "Quality".

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Good morning an thank you for staying with us, we value your loyalty and forward to your return.

Have a great summer 2013..

Been to Hilton Northbrook? Share your experiences!