“Decent Hotel- Good Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Northbrook
Grand Rapids
“Decent Hotel- Good Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was here for a few days on business. It is ideal if you are near Allstate as I was for training. This is a decent hotel and is starting to show its age. It is overall a nice place but I didn't experience a high level of service. When I came in noone helped with luggage or was even there to help. The front desk told me I could get my luggage on my own. On my way up a bellhop asked could he help but by then I was all set. The rooms are clean and spacious enough. The beds were not comfortable and each night you rolled to the middle which appeared to be because they were worn out. The bathrooms have a separate door for the tub and toilet together which was smaller than I thought was possible. The shower curtain smelled but the bathroom was overall clean. I asked the Front Desk for towels once but they didn't come and I had to call housekeeping to get them brought up. The AC worked ok but not great. Cable was ok and the flat screen TV was nice. Nice indoor pool/jacuzzi and ok workout room. The hotel does offer breakfast but it is quite expensive. Breakfast each morning is great. They have omelette to order and a good selection for the buffet including fresh fruit. There is a nice view of the pond and fountain. The internet is good but not free. Parking is free but during the week it may be hard to get a spot. There are a number of places to eat in the area and they have a list of places to eat if you ask the front desk.

Room Tip: Choose the breakfast included option when booking a room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Good afternoon and thank you staying with us, we appreciate you taking the time to give such a thorough review.

I will share your candid comments about the hotel and services with our team at todays staff meeting.

We sincerly apppreciate your business and look for to serving you in the near future.

237 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were unintended guest at this hotel, United Airlines cancelled our connecting flight.
The Front desk staff were awesome and show real empathy at our situation. They offered a care pack to us that we readily accepted as our luggage went home without us.
We took advantage of the bar for some late night food. Food was tasty, just wish they had more gluten free options and that the server was more aware as to what it meant.
It would be nice if they had some sort of shuttle to the airport, although i got the impression that isn't the clientèle they are looking for.
Room was large, bed was comfortable. Had to ask for polyester filled pillows and duvet, housekeeping brought those right up!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Good afternoon and thank you for the "Excellent" review.

I will make sure to recognize our Front Office team.

They are the first and last impression that our guests experience.

Have a Great 2013....

Thank you .
germantown, md, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

A very nice hotel. The restaurant sunday brunch is unsurpassed ( unless you don't like all you can eat snow crabs, peel and eat shrimp, prime rib, and about 25 different salads ). The hotel provides a free shuttle to surrounding areas. The internet is fast and trouble free. You can connect your PC to the TV if you want to watch movies on Netflix. Trouble free visit.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Good morning and thank you for taking the time to give us such a "Great" review of the Hotel and services we offer.

We continus to make improvements both in service and the Hotel we are glad to see are efforts have not gone un-noitced..

Barboursville, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I was there for training and my company paid for the room so I am not sure of the value. The rooms were small since they put me with a roommate. There was inly one small closet for the 2 of us to use. The breakfast buffet was not very good at all.

• Stayed February 2013
bobmsmith, Director Room Divsion at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel & services.

I will share your candid comments with our Executive Chef.

We look forward to serving you in the future.

Beijing
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

about 20 minutes from international airport, the hotel is located in a very quite area and is designed for business meetings. Rooms are large and clean, restaurant is fine with a good staff. Only point, the fitness centre and swimmimg pool, quite small and without any window. With all that space around they could have found a nicer solution.

• Stayed April 2013
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Good afternoon and thank you for staying with us, we appreciate you taking the time to write such a good review of our hotel. I will share your review and comments with our team.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This trip I had a band group here for 3 days, the hotel has two towers and the nice thing was they don't book the driver with the group in their block of rooms that's the plus, very few if any driver wants to stay with the group on their floor I enjoyed the other tower, the rooms were clean and the bed was great, Quiet place for the most part as like I said I was in the other tower than the 10 bus loads of band students. Thank you Northbrook you have it together!! And the food wasn't bad either! I'll be back.

Room Tip: If you see motor coaches parked in the lot ask for an upper floor in the other tower away from the g...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
bobmsmith, Director Room Divsion at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Good morning and thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your business and look forward to seeing in the near future.

I appreciate you taking the time to point out the different towers and how we seperate the indidivual business travelers from the students.

This makes for better nights sleep for you and the other guests.

They are closely monitored by chaperones and hotel security this keeps the noise to a minimum.

Greenwood, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our stay here was very pleasant while we were visiting Chicago over the weekend. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Nice atmosphere in the Lobby,bar and restaurant. Most of all the beds were very comfortable. Wish I could have taken it with me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, April 11, 2013

I will share your review and comments with our team.

Have a Great 2013.

Been to Hilton Northbrook? Share your experiences!