“Solid Option, Good Bar” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Northbrook
Louisville, KY
“Solid Option, Good Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had two problems with this hotel, and really think it was 3.5 territory. I rounded up after further thought and convincing myself that the issues were smaller than my gut reaction. The first problem is that the lighting wasn't great in the room. In fact, it was rather poor. Between that and just being a little drab through the hallway and to the door, my recollection was biased a little negatively. Also, the sleep number beds were a nice touch, but I could not get mine to adjust, so I slept on a rock hard bed. (Note: I have one at home, so I don't think it was user error, but ?).

On the upside, the hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, and the bar was good. The internet seemed to work well. The bar featured friendly and efficient bartenders and servers, as well as a lively atmosphere (it was karaoke night, so not sure how much that contributed).

Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Twin Lakes, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Staying at hotel tonight for work function. Great location to start with. large lobby, large dining area, and large bar with plenty of TVs. Hospitality room for our reception was very nice, food was great and the staff was terrific. Room is very large with large bathroom, large closet, desk, couch, table, big TV, etc. VERY COMFORTABLE. I'm very happy with this hotel choice! Looking forward to breakfast tomorrow.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Northbrook, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had an opportunity to stay here overnight from Thursday to Friday. I couldn't have been better. The staff was not only pleasant but so accomodating. They couldn't have been niced or more attentive. We needed a couple of extra chairs in our room and they were brought up immediately with a smile. The dining room expeience was also excellent. We were not terrible hungry for dinner so just ordered a salad and a club sandwich. The food was also excellent.

Room Tip: We had a room called a Suite but I didn't really feel it was a suite since it was only 1 room bu...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Crowne Plaza Northbrook, IL courtesy American Airlines as a Distressed Passenger - flew from Hong Kong to Chicago and then was on a connecting flight to Boston. But because of the inclement weather and heavy snow, stayed at a crowne plaza.

Front Desk staff (sorry missed the lady's name - starting with O) was great - she arranged shuttle from airport to hotel and warmly greeted at front desk during checkin. Rooms were clean and cozy and breakfast / dinner was good. Overall I found the staff very receptive and nice.

My 2 days stay was good and I got thru my Jetlag smoothly !

Strongly recommend this hotel !!!

• Stayed February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

From the time my friends and I checked in and enjoyed the friendliness of the young woman behind the desk, throughout the entire time we were there, the courtesy and kindness of every single employee we came across was amazing. So rare today to find such a pleasant and helpful staff without a single exception. Room was spacious and clean, bar was hopping and fun with a nice bar menu reasonably priced and the restaurant was pleasant and accommodating. But the staff was what put the experience over the top and the reason we return. Congratulations to the management for their well met expectations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I moved here after being dissatisfnied with a different hotel in the area. We found the Crowne Plaza to be an excellent hotel. A good size room with all of the furnishings that are required for a few days stay. Large room, dresser with four large drawers, comfortable bed, refrigerator, microwave. Excellent wireless internet without extra charge. Friendly staff.
The breakfast was adequate but not any better.
This is my favorite hotel in this area. Will definitly return.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ballymena, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed here recently, on business, and enjoyed my stay. The staff were friendly, the bar was good for food & drink (great selection of music on the jukebox too - had enough British alternative rock to keep me happy), the wifi in my room was strong enough for me to Skype home, there is a great shuttle bus service to nearby stores etc. and most importantly my room was very comfortable & clean. My only complaint is that American beer is rubbish ;)

Room Tip: Ice machines in the hallway are quite noisy, it might be best asking to be placed well away from the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook? Share your experiences!