“Enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Northbrook
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed here recently, on business, and enjoyed my stay. The staff were friendly, the bar was good for food & drink (great selection of music on the jukebox too - had enough British alternative rock to keep me happy), the wifi in my room was strong enough for me to Skype home, there is a great shuttle bus service to nearby stores etc. and most importantly my room was very comfortable & clean. My only complaint is that American beer is rubbish ;)

Room Tip: Ice machines in the hallway are quite noisy, it might be best asking to be placed well away from the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I enjoyed my stay immensely. The staff is engaged. I especially am fond of Guierrmo in the restaurant. He is a true gentleman. The food was outstanding all week, every meal.

The rooms are beyond spacious. I was in the hotel for 7 days. My stay was a pleasant and comfortable visit. The hotel is ideal for business.

Simi Valley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The rooms at this hotel are very nice and the select comfort beds are a bonus. The staff is also very friendly. I only stayed one night on a business trip, so I didn't have time to check out all of the services. My only complaint is that it was very noisy. I was on the ground floor, and could hear every door opening and shutting in the morning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Leander, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This property is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in, and the staff is so friendly and helpful, you would want to call this a home away from home. Every item in the lobby as well as the room, is dust free, clean as can be, and noted by the untrained eye. Linens and towels and carpeting were clean and housekeeping must be commended. Restaurant was elegant and food was perfect. Will be my first choice when in the area again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south get the morning sun!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect when I booked at the Crowne Plaza in Northbrook, due to no availability at my standard hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were comfortable, nicely appointed with sleep number beds. I slept like a baby as it was very quiet..no noisy air conditioner unit or elevators next door. I had free internet and breakfast was reasonably priced even for in room service. In summary it was good value for money and I'll be back again.

Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The four day stay while doing a conference there was very nice, but I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that I forgot some clothes in a dresser. I called the hotel, within an hour they called back and FedEx'ed by belongings to me. Wow.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the first weekend in October with crisp sunny weather and cool fall nights and beautiful fall colors in the foliage that is a hallmark of the midwest. We reserved through Hotwire and got a rate that would be the norm for a two-star hotel. Although rated by Hotwire as 3.5 stars. this hotel, in my opinion, deserves an extra half star. Friendly, helpful staff, pristine, upscale public areas, very nice complimentary business center, well equipped exercise room and very nice rooms with Sleep Number beds. The only negative for us was that it was a bit out of the way for us as we were visiting family in Evanston and central Chicago. But that certainly was not the hotel's fault!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook? Share your experiences!