“I go out of my way to enjoy the authentic Jewish flavors!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mokena, Illinois, USA
“I go out of my way to enjoy the authentic Jewish flavors!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I live way south of Chicago, so I don't get up here very often. When I do it is always great. We love the egg bagels, tried the whole grain for the first time this trip and the flavor was amazing! I took a dozen home and the girls have been enjoying them! Also had a salt bagel, a little to much salt for me, but you rarely find these in Chicago so I scraped some off and enjoyed! I love the extra lean pastrami, the flavor is great, hot or cold, the only thing I don't love is the price! So I only took a half pound home, the price was outrageous. Great family place to dine!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Northbrook, Illinois
“Great Traditional Deli”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Just like NY deli was , but is no longer. Excellent food. Crowded at lunch, but worth the wait! Sunday AM is impossible.

Visited March 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
“A very Ordinary Deli”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Max and Bennie's is in my opinion a very ordinary deli. The food can be described as the same as you'll find in countless other places. The service is nothing special either. There are so many other better places to eat on the North Shore. I simply can't recommend this place.

• Visited November 2012
“Always great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Everything you would expect from a deli. Great wait staff, classic foods and a real deli counter. One bonus star for carrying halavah.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Alan M
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“Deli to die for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Lots of choices on the menu. I tend to order an old favorite, pastrami. Just the right ratio of lean to fat, piled on dark rye. The soups are excellent, large servings, and filling. My favorite are navy bean and the sweet and sour cabbage. The curly fries are worth a calorie splurge. This is a family place. often we see 3 generations dining together. There is also a bakery and deli for take out and catering. Extensive breakfast selections. And gluten free choices. If my waistline could stand it, I would eat here more often.

• Visited January 2013