“George Does A Great Job” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Captain's Quarters Incorporated is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 104 Restaurants in Northbrook
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“George Does A Great Job”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We went to Captains Quarters for Dinner. George the owner is always there to greet and meet. He will ususally have a suggestion for you on what to order. The food is always fresh, tasty and good. The portions are oversized on many items. Its a small neighborhood type place with friendly people in the bar where we had a drink before heading to the table. The Prime Rib was the biggest piece I had ever seen. It was tasty, juicy and cooked perfect. The fresh fish my wife had was delicious and prepared Greek Style. The service was on the good side but could have been a little more attentive to the customer. I felt like I had to pay attention to the server because he talked all about himself. I definitely reccommend this place for good food. Dont go for the ambiance, go for the food.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dallas
“Walking distance from Hotel, Great Food, and Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We eat here at least once every trip. Phenomenal perch, oysters, Athenian skirt steak, prime rib, Greek salad, and pretty much everything else. Welcoming atmosphere.... lots of fun.

Visited December 2012
Illinois
“Always good food at great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have been going to Captains quarters for over 30 years. The food is always well prepaired and very delicious. David, the cook, makes homemade soups that are out of this world. Camy, behind the bar, will make you a drink to satisfy any thirst. Chris, in the dining room, will cater to your every need. George, the owner, speaks a language most of us are unfamiliar with but he runs a great restaurant!!
The dolmadeds are great as is the fried chicken and fried shrimp. you need to try the spinach soup if it's on the menu. Always a great meal and the prices are right. OOPAH!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Illinois
“Step back into the 70s”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Every year we go to Sybaris in Northbrook and eat at the Captain's Quarters before we check in. The decor is very old fashioned, and kitschy. We absolutely love it. The food is pretty good - nothing fantastic but we just love the atmosphere and the unique aspects. Swordfish on the wall. Nautical theme. Greek flair. Try it out.

Visited February 2012
Berthoud, Colorado
“Business Traveler Perspective -- YUK!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I travel to this area a lot, about 100 nights a year. Stay in local hotels and eat out daily. I saw this listed on trip advisor as a gem, sort of like Cheers. Sounded great so I tried it. Yuk. It does seem like an old local establishment and I"m sure the local people love the place. seemed like a lot of laughs from the bar. As a business traveler looking for a great meal, it was very disappointing. I tried a variety of items. From the bread, to the salad, to the entree.... all poor in my view. Fish was greasy, too much breading on fried items, and poor quality food. The location is poor too. Luckily there is a 5 Guys on the way back to the hotel and I could salvage the evening with a burger and still stay on budget for the day. Seriously, there are many other fine choices in the area for the business traveler -- I'd pass on this one.

• Visited April 2012