“Always good food at great prices” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Captain's Quarters Incorporated is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 105 restaurants in Northbrook
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Illinois
“Always good food at great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have been going to Captains quarters for over 30 years. The food is always well prepaired and very delicious. David, the cook, makes homemade soups that are out of this world. Camy, behind the bar, will make you a drink to satisfy any thirst. Chris, in the dining room, will cater to your every need. George, the owner, speaks a language most of us are unfamiliar with but he runs a great restaurant!!
The dolmadeds are great as is the fried chicken and fried shrimp. you need to try the spinach soup if it's on the menu. Always a great meal and the prices are right. OOPAH!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Illinois
“Step back into the 70s”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Every year we go to Sybaris in Northbrook and eat at the Captain's Quarters before we check in. The decor is very old fashioned, and kitschy. We absolutely love it. The food is pretty good - nothing fantastic but we just love the atmosphere and the unique aspects. Swordfish on the wall. Nautical theme. Greek flair. Try it out.

Visited February 2012
Berthoud, Colorado
“Business Traveler Perspective -- YUK!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I travel to this area a lot, about 100 nights a year. Stay in local hotels and eat out daily. I saw this listed on trip advisor as a gem, sort of like Cheers. Sounded great so I tried it. Yuk. It does seem like an old local establishment and I"m sure the local people love the place. seemed like a lot of laughs from the bar. As a business traveler looking for a great meal, it was very disappointing. I tried a variety of items. From the bread, to the salad, to the entree.... all poor in my view. Fish was greasy, too much breading on fried items, and poor quality food. The location is poor too. Luckily there is a 5 Guys on the way back to the hotel and I could salvage the evening with a burger and still stay on budget for the day. Seriously, there are many other fine choices in the area for the business traveler -- I'd pass on this one.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Prospect Heights, IL
“Been dining there for 37 years”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Full disclosure: the owner is a friend. My wife and I, and numerous friends, have been patronizing Captain's Quarters since it opened 37 years ago. A restaurant in the highly competitive Chicago area that has prospered for that long is an anomaly, but there are reasons for it. This is not a white tablecloth place. It's decor is not much changed from when it opened, and is dated. It sits in a nondescript strip mall. The menu is mostly old school American with a few modern fillips, and a few Greek dishes lovingly prepared by proprietor George Tzoubris. The seafood dishes are simply prepared from mainly local fresh varieties like lake perch, whitefish and walleye pike, and they are unfailingly delicious. I prefer my perch gently deep-fried rather than sauteed, and they are as good as any I've enjoyed at the Greenwood Restaurant in Door County, my benchmark for that dish. The flaming saganaki and the sauteed chicken livers with onions and bacon are two of my favorite appetizers. The portions of the latter are so large that I sometimes have it as an entree. George's hamburgers in their many forms (try the fetaburger) are not surpassed by any I've had anywhere else. The service is efficient and friendly, and George sets the tone, sometimes joining the diners at table. The prices are well in line for the experience.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Northbrook, Illinois
“Best value in Northbrook Glenview area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

This place doesn't look like much but the owner, staff and even the pardons make this a warm friendly place. The food is very good and the prices are very reasonable. Everytime I go I think I should come here more often. Small bar with freindly bartenders.

• Visited March 2011