“Horrible second experience !” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sybaris Northbrook

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Northbrook
Sybaris Northbrook
You added Sybaris Northbrook to your Saves list
2.5 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   3350 Milwaukee Avenue, Northbrook, IL 60062   |
“Horrible second experience !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying I had a great experience on my first stay, this stay however was horrible traumatizing experience.
It was a special occasion ,my husbands birthday. We poured drinks, lit candles, dimmed lights got in whirlpool.My husband and I kept saying it smelled funny but tried not worry . After it was full and sitting in for 30 min. We turned up lights to refresh our drinks and were very upset and surprised ti see water we had been sitting was brown! We called front desk and they informed not to worry it was a particular cleaning agent they used ,they said they would have cleaning ladies come and wash and rinse chemicals away. Ok so the cleaning ladies came cleaned it . We then filled it rinsed it ourselves. We felt comfort in knowing it was cleaned again, and that we were sitting for 30 un chemicals from cleaning solutions rather than bacteria. Ok by now whirlpool has been re-washed and filled and rinsed 3x . So we are anxious to enjoy our stay the room. We refill again light candles dim lights etc. While water is refilling totally trusting all is fine as they reassured us its was from cleaning solutions not chemicals. However this time water is filling still 10 min I decide I better turn lights up and make sure myself. WATER WAS STILL BROWN! NOW IM UPSET . We were sitting In brown water in nothing but bathing suits to protect us! Called up to desk they asked us to pack up everything they would give us another room. What an inconvience. Well they actually upgraded us ,and the "manager who moved us was a very nice gentleman" he said he couldnt understand why they even put us in that room , since the were having some issues with flooding from rain. And some sump pump issues. Now why when I called them with brown water issue did they reassure me it was a cleaning agent they used (I trusted that got back in with nothing but a bathing suit) why would they lie!!! Now the manager did appologize and upgrade us. But the upgrade was hardly enjoyable once we found out it was back up from sewage from hard rains from weather. We spent night wondering if we get an infection or bacteria from sitting in the whirlpool half naked! I really had a pleasant experience the first visit years ago, and manager was very nice. However doesnt make up for the employee at the front desk who knew its was backed up water/sewage and lied said it was cleaning agents. And manager said they knew they had problems with that room, others were available so why put us through that ....ruined my husbands Bday. Before this I had nothing but positive things to say about Sybaris...so Sybaris please get it together inform your employees. And yes I did fill out questionnaire explaining all this and never recieved a call.

• Stayed September 2013

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We took a trip based on friend's recommendation for our 3rd anniversary and it landed us in Northbrook at Sybaris. We caught them with the 50% off discount so it helped...even though you have to buy a "club membership" that runs you $100 annually.
We were wowed as we walked in...can't believe there aren't tons more of these throughout the country. Beautifully lit, comfortable and clean. We did have a problem with an odor from the exhaust, but we were given the option to move (into a newer suite) and they gave us free roses for the inconvenience. Upon checkout, they handed us a certificate for a free overnight stay as well. We were very pleased and welp definitely return! They take customer satisfaction VERY seriously!

• Stayed October 2013
Romulus, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just returned from a quick vaca with my fiancé and could not have been more pleasantly surprised. The room was so clean and well maintained. We had the majestic suite. We were overwhelmed by the luxurious amenities and will return again as this was the perfect little getaway. There are no windows and the suites appear to be soundproof as we never heard noises from neighboring suites. We couldn't find a phone in the room however these days, everyone has a cell phone. Kudos to the establishment for making the perfect place for my sweetie and I to reconnect and have a little romance.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Rosemont, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sybaris and the rooms really need a GOOD makeover. They have been the same for years with little to no change. You can actually notice the minor upkeep they do and it isn't done well. With the higher room rates and mandatory member fees, come on Sybaris, put the money back into the rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Elkhart, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visit Sybaris 2 to 3 times a year and absolutely swear by it for a mini retreat from life. It is the perfect place to reconnect and rebuild the romance.
We stay in the paradise sweet because it is the perfect size at the right price. The indoor pool, surround sound, waterfall, massage chair, hot tub, steam room, jet tub (so many more luxuries) make this the perfect setting for relaxation.
The rooms are immaculate and super clean. The staff are friendly and polite.
We will always come back!

• Stayed April 2013
Saint Clair, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This place was amazing. I surprised my wife with an extended overnight stay, she smiled for 2 days afterward.

The Paradise room had a pool with a rain forest water fall in the middle, a steam room, Jacuzzi off the edge of the pool, a massage chair in the bedroom, awesome sound system, fireplace...they thought of absolutely everything to make for a romantic getaway!

The suite was impeccable clean, the pool wasn't over chlorinated, the ventilation worked awesome. The staff there was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Add the extra bucks to extend the stay until the next afternoon, you will need the time to recover f...