“Great Cheeseburgers” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 105 restaurants in Northbrook
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Northbook Court is part of the CTA route and can be picked-up or dropped off at many Mall entrances.
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Cheeseburgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This restaurant is in the mall, there is also a separate entrance from the street. We go here basicially for the cheeseburgers. They are cooked to your specifications and you are offered numerous choices from rolls, types of cheeses and toppings. The choice of meat they use ( we have been told it is a secret) makes an extra juicy burger, it is served with homemade potato chips. Can be considered pricey but well worth every nibble. I have tried their french onion soup and the salad bar also. Both are good, but it's the burgers that draw us back. Just go hungry, they are huge! Nice to find a good eating establishment in a mall setting.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

61% Recommend
Long Grove, Illinois
“Ok food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

There are so many fabulous restaurants in the suburbs, why settle for mediocre. I've eaten here numerous times when my husband and I meet for dinner with his family. His family had zero taste in restaurants lol the salad bar is ok but often the lettuce has brown edges. The food is not fresh and nothing is natural, everything is prepared fresh and without chemicals. I break out in hives from artificial chemicals and preservatives and always react there. If you want a delicious, fresh meal try di pescara which is also in northbrook court. You will be happy you did.

Visited October 2012
Lake Forest, IL
“Maybe the best Salad Bar in the Area!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We went on a very busy Friday night, The is some confusion entering from the Northbrook Mall inside door but we made our way to the opposite side of the restaurant and were seated quickly!
Service was lightening fast and the salad bar was just fantastic. Much to choose from and it included soup of the day too! They had at least one person managing the salad bar at all times keeping it filled and very clean. The good news is that there are extensive glass shields over the food which does make it a little hard to reach items in the back row. Would rather that be the case for protection of the food though. It is not the cheapest eating in town but seems to be a well run operation. We would return!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Good food if you're in a hurry.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I'm not so sure how to rate this restaurant, as I have conflicting feelings. The food was actually good. No need to elaborate on this, as plenty of others have. This is a casual dining establishment. The service was lightning fast. We barely blinked and the food arrived. I did feel that they were looking for fast turnover. My husband and I like to be more leisurely, as dinner is a great time to discuss life. This is not the place for this practice. Get in, get out. Yes, it's also a family restaurant, so it's noisy and bustling. I don't think I've ever been anywhere where I've had faster service. Not planning on going back, despite the food.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Climax, North Carolina
“Great Restaurant at Northbrook Mall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have to travel to this area for business a few times each year and always stop by for dinner. The service has always been excellent. It is one of the few restaurants that you can find that has a salad bar and a very good one at that. My favorite dish is the barbeque salmon. I would highly recommend eating here if you are in the area.

• Visited September 2012