“Maybe the best Salad Bar in the Area!” 4 of 5 stars

Update restaurant details
Ranked #29 of 102 restaurants in Northbrook
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Northbook Court is part of the CTA route and can be picked-up or dropped off at many Mall entrances.
Lake Forest, IL
“Maybe the best Salad Bar in the Area!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We went on a very busy Friday night, The is some confusion entering from the Northbrook Mall inside door but we made our way to the opposite side of the restaurant and were seated quickly!
Service was lightening fast and the salad bar was just fantastic. Much to choose from and it included soup of the day too! They had at least one person managing the salad bar at all times keeping it filled and very clean. The good news is that there are extensive glass shields over the food which does make it a little hard to reach items in the back row. Would rather that be the case for protection of the food though. It is not the cheapest eating in town but seems to be a well run operation. We would return!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

63% Recommend
Chicago, Illinois
“Good food if you're in a hurry.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I'm not so sure how to rate this restaurant, as I have conflicting feelings. The food was actually good. No need to elaborate on this, as plenty of others have. This is a casual dining establishment. The service was lightning fast. We barely blinked and the food arrived. I did feel that they were looking for fast turnover. My husband and I like to be more leisurely, as dinner is a great time to discuss life. This is not the place for this practice. Get in, get out. Yes, it's also a family restaurant, so it's noisy and bustling. I don't think I've ever been anywhere where I've had faster service. Not planning on going back, despite the food.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Climax, North Carolina
“Great Restaurant at Northbrook Mall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have to travel to this area for business a few times each year and always stop by for dinner. The service has always been excellent. It is one of the few restaurants that you can find that has a salad bar and a very good one at that. My favorite dish is the barbeque salmon. I would highly recommend eating here if you are in the area.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Waukee, Iowa
“Big Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We had a family event to attend and chose this after it came recommended from one of the family members who lived nearby. I had the Motherlode and it was a plenty big burger. You get to choose the bun, I recommend the Pretzel Bun (doesn't look like a pretzel). You get to choose from a pethora of toppings, cheeses, etc. for your burger. Very nice salad bar too. The food was very good. We were pressed for time but the service was outstanding. The atmosphere was excellent and certainly contributed to a fun evening.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, IL
“good menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I eat pretty natural...no carbs, sugar, or extra sauces. Had no problem with this menu at all all I did the motherload....made a chicken sandwich...no bun and i got a sweet potato with paying extra! Mom got the salad bar, dad got the tacos. Everyone was happy with lunch. We spent extra time catching up, the server did not rush us out the door. A little pricy...but this is Northbrook, even the Mcd's are fancy.

• Visited April 2012