“I Liked It”

There are newer reviews for Barnabys of Northbrook
Toronto
“I Liked It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

It was good: It wasn't very fancy -- as other reviewers may have mentioned, you order at the counter. It has a very old-country 70s feel to it. I like the great pricing and had the veal parmigiana. I enjoyed lunch so much I went back for dinner with colleagues afterward. Very friendly staff.

I would visit again.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Avon, Indiana
“Quick option for lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

You order at the counter and then find your own seat. The food is good enough and it's a quick option for lunch.

Visited March 2012
Alexandria, VA
“Good food and good value, but needs better signage inside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I was staying at the hotel across the street and walked over for dinner. Very good food! Not having been here before though, I was confused about the business model. When you walk in, there's a hostess station, but no sign that says to go to the back counter to order. I figured it out by watching others walk straight to the back. You order your food at one counter, and then wait in a second line at the bar to order your drinks. The night I was here the bar line was pretty long, so the food counter was calling out my order number while I was still in line at the bar. So you end up with two credit card receipts, two separate tips (not sure what exactly I was tipping?), and you carry your food back to your table. I think I would have preferred regular waitress service at a place with the food as good as it was, plus I should have chosen to not sit next to the guy with the microphone that was calling out food orders while trying to enjoy my meal. Still, I enjoyed it and would go back next time I'm in town

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Petoskey, Michigan
“pinched but perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Barnaby's is a Chicago landmark. They serve the best corn meal thin crust pizza with pinched edges,containing their own fresh sauce. The service style is unique-- you pick your table then go to the order counter to order and pay. they will call your # when it is ready. Drinks are ordered from a seperate full service counter and some beverages are available in pitchers. We had Mustaccioli (delicious) potato skins ( a specialty) ceasar salad and a pizza made to order with our ingedients. No room for desert.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
L.A.
“Shakey's Pizza with an attitude”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

This place was across the street from our hotel. The restaurant has no signage that it is self-serve. The food was average at best. We tried it once BUT would not go back.

Visited May 2012