“unusual venue good food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
USA
“unusual venue good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We walked past the bowling alleys and Bocci ball lanes to the surprisingly large restaurant. Ate outside on a pleasant patio. Menu was a good but not overly extensive and reasonable prices. It was fathers day so they had a buffet for $20 which contained most of the menu items so was a good option. Only downside was the glare as the sun went down.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
PinstripesBBB B, Manager at Pinstripes, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thanks for your review and glad to hear you enjoyed our patio dining!

Chicago
“Sunday brunch was a value but it came without service.... we could've walked out and no one would've cared”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

20 bucks for brunch is relatively cheap for what they offer - but our experience was comical given the lack of anyone supervising the wait staff or food ..... and a sneeze shield is definitely lacking!

We arrived with a reservation and were asked to wait until a table was ready...... 10 minutes later we were led through a half full dining room and offered our choice of tables? Then we waited...... no drinks, no wait staff.... after 15 minutes conversing with our friends, I finally got up and tracked down the hostess who said, 'Oh, you're white card isn't at the end of the table.' What? - 'I'll just take your drink order and you go get plates and can eat.....'

The area displaying the food was nice - and the food there was pretty well prepared - but they were constantly out of things and waiting for platters..... waited 10 minutes for waffles while the waffle maker behind the chef sat un-used - is it there for decoration? Instead they brought out 2 huge bowls of not-freshly prepared waffles and dumped them into the serving bowl....

The omelet station burnt my wife's first order and couldn't make 2 fried eggs without bringing the line to a standstill... if you asked for roast beef, it was cut quickly in between omelets.... average taste....

The salmon and raw shrimp were fresh and plentiful - and bagels, cream cheese just fine - the pizza station looked like a dozen 7 year olds ripped it to shreds - partial slices and cheese drippings strewn about and no hot ones upon my arrival - then while waiting for the waffles, we saw the hot pizza deposited on the old scraps - no thanks.

Coffee and the soft drink arrived but no waiter returned to take 4 empty dirty plates while we browsed for 10 minutes for our second plates... we had to remove them ourselves! With an empty coffee cup, I stopped one of the rare passing waiters and asked for more coffee - he cheerfully replied, "Here, have some I have in these 2 paper cups I just filled" and then poured it into my cup..... is this summer camp service?

Had to chase someone down for the tab - we could've walked out and no one would've noticed or cared - seems like this place is manned by high school students..... once our bill was finally brought, they had undercharged us.... they had no idea which customers are which and seemed to not have cared less. On the other hand, if you don't mind a fully self service brunch, the food was a good value!

• Visited May 2013
Latrobe, Pa
“An Unusual Combination That is GREAT!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Family business brought me to Northbrook, Il for a weekend event. My 18 yr old daughter was visiting a friend and my wife and myself got a room at the Northbrook Sheraton. Located in walking distance was a large building named Pinstripes, and disco style lights could be seen from the outside. We went inside and I was a bit confused as I was faced with my choice of Bowling, Bocce, a nice subtle bar, and a restaurant...the place is big!
We were quickly seated and chose to try the dining room...the bar area was nice and had live music, but I was in the mood for a quiet dinner after the 10 hour drive to get here. The waiter quickly took our drink order while giving us a few minutes to digest the menu. He returned quickly and promised to come back in a minute to take our dinner order. I think he forgot about us as we had to wait about 10 minutes before he returned to take our order. This was the only real criticism I had, and it was probably an honest mistake. The menu was American with Italian overtones and featured most of the popular appetizers you could ask for in the Italian & American blend. The dinner selections were varied and featured a nice mix of meats and salads as well as sandwiches and pastas. I ordered an Artichoke/Spinach dip as an appetizer and Chicken Parmesan as a dinner choice. The Artichoke/Spinach dip was served on a large wooden tray that held a small cast iron skillet full of the dip with toasted seasoned bread medallions surrounding it, as well as a nice bunch of grapes. It was great! The bread was a bit too crunchy for my preference but it was tasty and nicely presented. The Chicken Parmesan came perched on a sizable patch of homemade wide noodles with grape tomatoes, fresh basil, and a nice mix of Italian spices. The chicken was a large, well breaded breast smothered in a great Parmesan topping. One thing that took me by surprise was the way the Chicken Parm was made. I am accustomed to having them made in a tomato sauce base, while this was served without the tomato sauce (the pasta had little or no sauce, but had grape tomatoes instead) and an excess of rosemary. I love Rosemary Chicken but I don't think it goes well with a Parmesan cheese mix as it tasted a bit bitter. Again, this was my preference and certainly not a criticism of the foods taste or quality.
The one thing that I noticed is that everything was super fresh and served in a simple presentation that maximizes on the fresh flavors mixing as they are eaten. Everything was fresh, hot, and tasty. I can't really say that I could find fault with any of the items I ordered as they were good, fresh, and served quickly. The waiters were attentive and professional and made the evening an enjoyable time. I would recommend this to anyone and will stop in the next time I am in town.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Family fun worth the visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We lived the food, atmosphere and family orientated fun. This is a definite return to place. We as a family loved this venue. E will definitely be back.

Visited April 2013
Wheeling, Illinois
“Not your average bowling alley restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is more than a bowling alley; it actually offers fine dining too. Had the jambalaya risotto and it was a deconstructed version of risotto, with the chicken and shrimp not mixed in with the rice. It was tasty and had just the right amount of "kick"!

• Visited April 2013