“An Unusual Combination That is GREAT!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Latrobe, Pa
“An Unusual Combination That is GREAT!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Family business brought me to Northbrook, Il for a weekend event. My 18 yr old daughter was visiting a friend and my wife and myself got a room at the Northbrook Sheraton. Located in walking distance was a large building named Pinstripes, and disco style lights could be seen from the outside. We went inside and I was a bit confused as I was faced with my choice of Bowling, Bocce, a nice subtle bar, and a restaurant...the place is big!
We were quickly seated and chose to try the dining room...the bar area was nice and had live music, but I was in the mood for a quiet dinner after the 10 hour drive to get here. The waiter quickly took our drink order while giving us a few minutes to digest the menu. He returned quickly and promised to come back in a minute to take our dinner order. I think he forgot about us as we had to wait about 10 minutes before he returned to take our order. This was the only real criticism I had, and it was probably an honest mistake. The menu was American with Italian overtones and featured most of the popular appetizers you could ask for in the Italian & American blend. The dinner selections were varied and featured a nice mix of meats and salads as well as sandwiches and pastas. I ordered an Artichoke/Spinach dip as an appetizer and Chicken Parmesan as a dinner choice. The Artichoke/Spinach dip was served on a large wooden tray that held a small cast iron skillet full of the dip with toasted seasoned bread medallions surrounding it, as well as a nice bunch of grapes. It was great! The bread was a bit too crunchy for my preference but it was tasty and nicely presented. The Chicken Parmesan came perched on a sizable patch of homemade wide noodles with grape tomatoes, fresh basil, and a nice mix of Italian spices. The chicken was a large, well breaded breast smothered in a great Parmesan topping. One thing that took me by surprise was the way the Chicken Parm was made. I am accustomed to having them made in a tomato sauce base, while this was served without the tomato sauce (the pasta had little or no sauce, but had grape tomatoes instead) and an excess of rosemary. I love Rosemary Chicken but I don't think it goes well with a Parmesan cheese mix as it tasted a bit bitter. Again, this was my preference and certainly not a criticism of the foods taste or quality.
The one thing that I noticed is that everything was super fresh and served in a simple presentation that maximizes on the fresh flavors mixing as they are eaten. Everything was fresh, hot, and tasty. I can't really say that I could find fault with any of the items I ordered as they were good, fresh, and served quickly. The waiters were attentive and professional and made the evening an enjoyable time. I would recommend this to anyone and will stop in the next time I am in town.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
Houston, Texas
“Family fun worth the visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We lived the food, atmosphere and family orientated fun. This is a definite return to place. We as a family loved this venue. E will definitely be back.

Visited April 2013
Wheeling, Illinois
“Not your average bowling alley restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is more than a bowling alley; it actually offers fine dining too. Had the jambalaya risotto and it was a deconstructed version of risotto, with the chicken and shrimp not mixed in with the rice. It was tasty and had just the right amount of "kick"!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Pinstripes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

A fancy version of a bowling ally designed for adults, perfect for a small group, and there's great food. I would go again even though I've only been once.

Visited April 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food and great games”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is one of our very favorite places to take kids. Bocci ball is easy to learn and fun to play for most ages. The bowling lanes are also great with bumpers that go up or down and very comfortable seating. Both are great for birthday parties. If you want to play, call ahead for a reservation.

The food is very, very good. Our favorite is the mini-steak sandwiches. They are delicious. If you come when the weather is nice, you can play bocce outside and sit on the veranda. Beautiful views.

The only downside is the wait staff. They tend to be nice but inattentive.

• Visited February 2013