“Nice, New Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Northbrook
Trussville, Alabama
“Nice, New Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is a clean comfortable new Sheraton - really enjoyed the set up of this facility. I got a good deal on the room as it was booked through Hotwire. I am not sure if I would pay full price to stay here or even what full price is. However, I will say the staff is very friendly and went above and beyond when I asked to find the closest Chicago pizza for dinner. If you are in the area for Kraft or etc., it is a great area to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Felt like set up if Hyatt Place - with half the service and half the room size. Wasn't impressed at all, service was scattered and dismissive. Internet was down most of my time there, and overall below average. Maybe I'm becoming a Marriott person? I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

There were 3 wedding parties staying at the hotel when we went, 2 of which had their ceremonies and receptions there. We were part of the third one, that had the ceremony and reception offsite.

The rooms were nice and clean, the front desk staff were very friendly as were the majority of the restaurant and bar staff.

We were disappointed of the restaurant server on Labor Day morning - she saw us with our bags (an obvious sign that someone is in a hurry) and could not walk any slower to give us breakfast menus. Before we were able to ask for espressos while she was handing us the menus, she turned around and left. We waited for 15 minutes for her to show back up (the restaurant is small with only a few tables and only 1 was already occupied) and told her we were leaving because she was taking too long. She giggled and said "OK" rudely.

We would consider returning to this property for other occasions but would definitely have one in mind. You should too.

Room Tip: Rooms with better view are the ones facing the parking lot (Willow Rd side).
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The Sheraton Northbrook is a pleasant stay. Located just north of The Glen it is convenient to many NorthShore locations. Close by are the usual upscale "fast food" places with even places like Whole Food, Lowes, and Costco fancied up for the NorthShore. The hotel is stylish.Some of the rooms are a long way from the one bank of elevators located towards the end of the hall. The lobby and bar looked like comfortable places to meet with friends. I was solo but several wedding parties were staying at the hotel. The room was nice size and rather quiet considering the doors are so heavy that they bang shut. The staff was efficient and pleasant. Easy parking and easy in and out. The only negative comment would be the linens and towels are not up to the quality that I expect being mainly a Hyatt person. The price of my room was low because I had a group rate. I suspect the rates are much higher and thus would lower the overall value. If you need to be in the area... a good choice.

Room Tip: Rooms are the north side overlook a subdivision. Room room on the south side overlook the parking lo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

good luck getting a reservation. i called seven times in 24 hours. twice the call was not answerer. once i was transferred to room service. three times their 'system was down could i call back later". i finally asked "ashley" if she could call me back since there system is always down. the answer is "no". If it were not for a wedding i would stay elsewhere - including on a park bench. this is the most horrendous idea of customer service i have ever come across - ever....

Stay elsewhere

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
gpatterson04, Director of Sales at Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear ChiChiChicago. I apologize for your frustration trying to make a reservation. The issue of no-one answering the phones and our system being down is concerning to me. I don't have an Ashley at my hotel so I will contact our 800# to review the situation with them. Our standard is that our phones are answered within 3 rings at our front desk. All reservation calls are handled through a central reservation system and I have not been notified that we had any system issues. It sounds like we failed in all those areas. I have addressed your issues with our General Manager as well as our front desk team. I do apologize.
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

First, I have to say that we found the hotel to be beautiful, fresh, immaculately clean. The room was comfortable, decorated in a pretty and restful Asian style. Bathroom big and well appointed. Not long after checking in, we heard barking coming from the room next door. At first, I thought it was a TV show but soon realized it was a real, live, very loud and unhappy DOG barking on and on. My husband went to the lobby to ask that either we or the dog be relocated. No way were we going to listen to that all night! To our surprise, we were told that Starwood Hotels have a "pet-welcome" policy. WHAT?? And at first, the desk clerk refused to move us! My husband insisted and so the clerk relented. A bellman came quickly and moved us to the other side of the hotel. You could hear the dog all the way down the hall. No doubt others were bothered too. The rest of our stay was pleasant and uneventful. But I will keep this Starwood policy in mind when booking hotels in the future. I would expect a barking dog at a low-end motel. But at a hotel this nice?? Really??

Room Tip: Ask if there is a DOG near your room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
gpatterson04, Director of Sales at Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear SallyMinnesota. We are a dog friendly hotel, but not a barking dog friendly hotel. I understand from speaking with our front office manager that we were sold out the night you were here which caused the delay in finding another room to move you to. Our policy is that if a dog is barking, we notify the guest in the room and if the barking doesn't stop we ask the guest to remove the dog from the hotel. I apologize that you were inconvenienced by this guest. You mentioned the cleanliness of our hotel and we have an amazing team of housekeepers. If we have had a dog in a room, that room is deep cleaned from top to bottom. I hope you will stay with us on future stays. If you need assistance with future reservations, please call me direct at 847/897-6404. Regards, Geri
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend for 3 nights. One of the things that absolutely drove me crazy was that every morning between 9:00am and 9:30am, I would start hearing house keeping go around to every door knocking "house keeping!". All THREE nights I was woken up by "house keeping!" knocking on everyones door. Even on my first morning sleeping my door was opened. This was the first hotel where I have had this situation happen to me, usually house keeping doesn't show up till the afternoon, and this was just absolutely ridiculous. Obviously I wasn't the only one who was still sleeping, considering the fact that I heard "HOUSE KEEPING!" about every 20 seconds, going from door to door.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Thorn h. I understand what your saying. When you are staying in hotel on the weekend, it's usually your time to sleep in and relax. I have reviewed your note with my General Manager and he is using your example as a training tool. Our standard operating procedure is to access rooms that have already checked out and clean those first. You may unfortunately hear them knocking on the doors of recent check outs to make sure the rooms are in fact vacant before they walk in. For stay-overs, these rooms will be cleaned later in the day after all the check outs are cleaned. It can be challenging at times because different guests like their rooms cleaned at different times. We are reviewing some new systems and this should not happen to our guests in the future. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I hope the rest of your stay went well. Regards, Geri

Been to Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel? Share your experiences!