“Eh, not that impressed.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Northbrook
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Eh, not that impressed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I recently got married and we would have loved for our guests to stay closer to the Evanston area for our wedding weekend, but it was the same weekend of Northwestern's graduation. So, north we went hunting for a nice, yet not break the bank hotel. The Sheraton seemed to be our answer. It is a nice hotel, but our personal experience was lacking value. We ended up having 40 rooms booked by guests, so we gave them a pretty penny bussinesswise. It was a nice price for guests, I believe the rate was about $120. My only issue was that the 'Big Suite' was taken by another bride/groom and the room that I was upgraded to ended up being very small. I thought they could have found a nicer room for us for how much bussiness we were giving them. My husband said their customer service was not great, with the lady at the front desk giving a snappy attitude. Eh, so overall I think that our guests enjoyed it, nice hotel, but our personal experience was a bit of a dissapointment.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Hi Maria H. I am very sorry to hear about your disappointment. We worked with your fiancee through this whole process and everything seemed to be good to go. In terms of our suite. We have one corporate suite in our hotel and it is available on-line only. The sales department does not book the suite or have access to it. If it was booked it was because another guest booked it on line. What was agreed to with your fiancee was that we would provide you with a club level King guest room so that you could be away from your guests. Our club level is the 5th floor. Your guest room was provided complimentary based on the 20 rooms per night that you booked at the hotel. All of our guest rooms are the same size so there is not a bigger room that would have been available to you. We try to be very clear about this when we are booking our wedding room blocks so that we can avoid any miscommunication like you experienced. The part of the review that bothered me is that your fiancee (who is absolutely wonderful to work with) felt that the front desk agent had a snappy attitude. I have addressed this with our front office manager and she is holding a front office meeting today to discuss this situation and how it could have been handled more appropriately. Our hotel and team has been ranked in the top 5% of all Sheraton hotels in North America for guest satisfaction so we take this very seriously. I hope the rest of your wedding weekend was wonderful. We do appreciate the opportunity to have been the host hotel for your wedding guests. It sounds like the guests had no issues and a great time. Come back on your one year anniversary for an evening as my guest. Regards, Geri - 847/897-6404

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed to attend a wedding in the area. Very comfortable, quiet hotel. Beds were super comfortable. Our room had a walk in shower (no tub) which was really nice. Room was very clean and modern, had lots of little extras like loofa and body wash, clock radio with iphone charger, and oversized desk for business travelers.

Staff was very helpful. They called us a cab to the wedding and sent their shuttle bus to come pick us up at the end of the night.

There are stores and restaurants in the shopping center across the street which is nice if you just want something to walk to. Beach is 15 minutes away

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
gpatterson04, Director of Sales at Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. In your review you mentioned all the things that make our hotel unique in the area. I love the feel of our hotel when you walk in the door. It's comfortable and intimate. The beds are always a big hit. The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bedding is amazing and can be purchased through Starwood Hotels and Resorts. Alot of employees have purchased them for our homes. Our General Manager is very active with our guests and when he received suggestions such as iphone chargers, loofa's, free weights in the fitness center he actted on those ideas. Our hotel is ranked in the top 5% of all Sheraton Hotels in North America for Guest Satisfaction. We have been open almost 4 years and this speaks volumes about our team we have in place. Our shuttle as you mentioned does provide complimentary transportation within a 5 mile radius of the hotel which is wonderful when you may not want to drive, especially after a wedding. :) We are the newest hote on the NorthShore and as you mentioned are located in a quiet upscale neighborhood but we are within walking distance of 6 restaurants and numerous shops. I hope you will stay again. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Great rooms, great location, great staff. Great stay. Great restaurant.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
gpatterson04, Director of Sales at Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for your recent review! I appreciate the feedback. I think we have a great hotel but when a guest gives us that compliment it says alot. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us. People will usually always take the time to tell you what you aren't doing so well so when you took time to tell us the "great" things we do it means alot. Hope you will be travelling our way again.
Regards, Geri
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Wow...this ripoff is about as blatant as one can get. They advertise stay three nights and get a night free. BUT...they jack up the rate per night so you are getting NOTHING FREE! You can book single nights at far less than the single night as part of their "freebie". I phoned them to verify and got an agent who said her "pre-programmed computer" would only allow her to do certain things. I can't believe Sheraton would pull this sort of thing. Beware of greedy hotels like this.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
gpatterson04, Director of Sales at Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you for your review. I have to tell you I was caught off guard with this one. I went to our website to verify. The offer is to promote discounts on a longer stay. You have to check in on a Wednesday and check out on a Sunday. They blend the rate. If you were checking in on a Wednesday or Thursday for a one or two night stay your rate would be $189.00 - $219.00 depending on the week. Check in on a Friday or Saturday and your would rate could be $99.00 - $149.00. They blend the rate so that overall you should have seen a savings. If you contact me with the dates you stayed and what you paid I can check on your particular reservations and if there were deeper discounts that you could have missed over those days. On the dates I checked the rates for a Wednesday check-in, Sunday check-out (June 20-24)were $141.75 per night plus tax. The rate for a 1 night stay on 6/20 was $229.00, a 1 night stay on 6/21 was $169.00, a 1 night stay for 6/22 was $139.00 and a rate for a 1 night stay on 6/23 was $139.00. With the promotion you pay $141.75 for 6/20, 6/21, 6/22 and you get 6/23 free. This is a really a great savings. Please contact me so I can look up your reservation. The intent of this promotion is certainly not to rip people off, it's to encourage a longer stay with a deeper overall discount. I want to make sure that you are happy. Thanks again for the review. Geri Patterson 847/897-6404
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

It is so refreshing to check into a hotel where everything is done right! The architecture was attractive, the room spacious and super clean, the price excellent.Tthe bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom very modern and spacious. I thought it was nice that they offered a shuttle to take us to any nearby restaurant or shopping if we choose.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
gpatterson04, Director of Sales at Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you for your response and review of our hotel. I feel the same way about our hotel. We opened in October 2008 and still look like we did the day we opened. Our houskeeping team does a great job. We are the newest hotel on the north shore and you can really tell the difference. Even when an older hotel does a renovation it still looks like an older hotel. Nothing bets new. Our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds are awesome and are available for purchase. I have two at home myself. Our sleek bathroom design gives you the extra room you described.

Our hotel does provide complimentary shuttle service within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. Even within walking distance there are 6 restaurants and numerous shops.

Thank you again for sharing. I hope you will come back again soon. Geri
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

We have stayed here a couple of times. If you need to be anywhere on the North Shore of Chicago the hotel is very nice, quiet, and located close to shopping. Best of all, if you have to get downtown, the train is just 5 minutes away. There is plenty of parking at the railroad station, trains come often, and the cost of a quick 40 minute trip downtown is less than $5. The hotel has a shuttle to the train if you need it. The only negative - the hotel restaurant is a bit slow and menu unimaginative. You would do better dining at one of the local restaurants. Otherwise, the hotel is clean, beds are comfortable, and the front desk is helpful.

Room Tip: All rooms are far from busy traffic so having a quiet room is just about guaranteed unless the neigh...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. As you mentioned we are located in the northern suburbs of Chicago a short 20 miles from downtown Chicago. The Metra station is approximately 1 mile from the hotel and we offer complimentary transportation. You can't bet the convenience of not driving downtown and needless to say the expense of parking. Should you need to drive, we are 2 miles from the Expressway. It is an extremely easy drive downtown from the hotel. Quite a few of our employees live in Chicago and do the commute every day.

You also mentioned our location. We are in a quiet upscale residental neighborhood but adjoin an active lifestyle shopping area. You can walk to 6 restaurants and numerous shops.

When they built our hotel in 2008 they mentioned the thickness of the walls many times and I wasn't quite sure why that mattered. You cannot hear traffic from your room at all. Sometimes when I'm showing a guest room I realize how extremely quiet our rooms are, especially when I see a plane going over head and cannot hear it! I now understand the importance of those thick concert walls! Even the neighborhood behind us is quiet and they wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm so sorry your experience in our restaurant wasn't great! I will definitely share your review with our food and beverage manager. We appreciate the feedback and this helps us know the areas we need to improve in.

When you come to stay next time please let me know you are coming!

Thanks again.... Geri - 847/897-6404
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012 via mobile

I stay at the Sheraton in Northfield fairly often and find it quite comfortable. Quiet rooms, comfortable beds, large enough bathroom, etc. They also have a club floor which is good for a quick breakfast or appetizers in the evening. Staff are friendly and helpful. There is a small gym, but I haven't had trouble getting a machine at night. My only complaint is that dinner at the restaurant or through room service is not very good. I would recommend going to Pinstripes or Zapatisa, which are both within walking distance.

Stayed March 2012
gpatterson04, Director of Sales at Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you for your recent review. As you mentioned we are a comfortable hotel. Our rooms are quiet, we have great beds and the unique bathroom door really gives you extra room while you are getting ready. Being located in an upscale residential neighborhood as opposed to along a highway and a new build hotel really contributes to how quiet the hotel is. Our club level is a great value. Our platinum members enjoy an upgrade each stay but for an additional $20.00 you can enjoy a great continental breakfast and evening appetizers. I love the feel of the room and would enjoy watching TV or visiting with co-workers. Our fitness center is great for our size hotel. We have great equipment and our General Manager has added free weights and yoga balls and mats. I wanted to share with you that we have developed a new menu which will start next week for our restaurant and room service. We also have a new chef. I am expecting great results from the changes. Anytime you eat here and if the food is not up to your expectations please let the team know and they will replace your meal. Also, if you like selections prepared a certain way please let the team know and they will share your request with the chef. You also mentioned our team is friendly and helpful, they would not want you to be unhappy with a meal selection. Another great thing about our location is that we are within walking distance of 6 restaurants and numerous shops so you do have a variety of options. I love pinstripes! Thanks so much. Please let me know next time you will be staying here. I would like to buy you dinner so you can experience the changes. Geri 847/897-6404

I

Been to Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel? Share your experiences!