“Rustic, simple, and quiet :)” 4 of 5 stars

Red Carpet Inn N. Chicago
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3207 Buckley Rd, North Chicago, IL 60064   |
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in North Chicago
New York City, New York
“Rustic, simple, and quiet :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I chose this hotel because it is so close to the Recruit training Command and A-school (like 2miles give or take) being from new york though it sucks that there isn't a sidewalk to walk there so you always need to call a cab or if you're lucky have a rental. Though the inn has a phone to directly call cab service (they even give you coupons so you can save $6 on local rides or $15 to the airport). The rooms are very simple, old fashion looking and the cleaning is done everyday so you always have new towels/soap etc :) no bugs or anything so that's a plus! (i always worry about those things when booking new places) so no worries! I've been there 3 different times with different rooms and the conditions are all the same! They give breakfast in the morning 6-10am its just coffee and some packaged honey buns but meh its free :p You want good breakfast go to Baker's Square near the Gurnee Mills Mall they're good :D Flannagan's (its a restaurant next to the inn & it is a bit disappointing sorry, they're coffee is good but really thats all they got going <_<) The concierge are very friendly and helpful. Overall its an ideal place to book since the rate is the least inexpensive and closest to the navy base.
Hopefully this helps with anyone curious about the place :D

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I stayed here for my daughter bootcamp graduation. A good, quite and clean place. Friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
North Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I have been staying here for about six months while searching for a new home. This is a family owned hotel so the staff is very friendly, helpful and honest. They returned a robe to me I didn't even notice was missing at least a month after I misplaced it. If I have mail at the front desk, they call me personally to tell me I have a package or parcel. I get maid service three times a week so tonight when I get home from work I will have a clean room and fresh linen and towels. The location is great close to the base, restaurants, shopping and tollroads so its easy to find and get around. If you are looking for the Ritz then pay double at one of the overpriced, national chain hotels. But if you are looking for clean, reasonable, and a great location with a friendly, honest staff then this is your place.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I been staying there for over a year on contract with Navy/VA. the Hotel crew treats me like a king there. Its quite and clean. I have no conplains.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

We stayed here for our sons bootcamp graduation, and I would not even recommend this place to my worst enemy. We walked into the room and the tv and in room fridge were covered in dust, walked into the bathroom and there was hair in the bathtub, the bad part was yet to come...When we got ready for bed, we pulled the covers back and there were toe nails covering the sheet...the people at the front desk were rude and argumenative.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

This was the worst hotel i have ever been in. When i got the room the smell was so bad i opened the door after an hour the smell still did not leave the room . there were bugs in the bathroom. i think they were nats flying around. My husband said the smell is mold. The board of health should check this place out. I could not stay the night. I asked for my money back. At least the man was nice and gave my money back. I feel bad for anyone who has to stay here. This place is too old and run down. Nothing like the pictures. they must have been taken 20 years ago. Stay away !!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dumont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed here for our daughter's Naval Graduation. Very close to the base and Lake Michigan. By looking at the place, we were not sure if we were going to like it, (not fancy at all), but we did. Rooms were very clean. Staff was friendly. They had a outdoor pool and hot tub. The price was great. The pool could have been skimmed more often but it was nice. The only complaint I would have is that the bathroom was way too small. Barely any room to change in it, but it was clean. They also had a free continental breakfast that wasn't very exciting. Overall we had a nice stay and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Red Carpet Inn N. Chicago? Share your experiences!