“Oak Street Great Restaurant and Sports Bar” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 31 Restaurants in North Aurora
Cuisines: American
North Aurora, Illinois
“Oak Street Great Restaurant and Sports Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I love the Oak Street during football & hockey season. Being a Packers fan I love it when the Bears loose to the Packers. All those Bear fans crying in their beer. Good menu choices: chicken wings- GREAT, sampler platter, club sandwich, great tasting burgers, great fries, stay away from the Italian dishes. We tried it once and the sauce was terrible. Great family owned restaurant with the Georges, Deana, Helen are all great people.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

North Aurora, Illinois
“Great baby back ribs on Tuesdays for $13.99 Full slab”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I got a tip that I should try the 19.99 ribs for 13.99 on Tuesdays, no other coupons accepted. Our Lions Club met there for the first time and I took the tip and ordered the ribs. It was at last 18-24 inches long on my plate and I was filled to the max and had to give a lot a way to my wife, who ended not finishing her Glazed Salmon and loved my ribs. Thus will encourage me to come back and try other dishes that I saw among my club members. The tilapia looked good. If there are specials I missed on the other days, I would like to know them. I saw that burgers were half off on Mondays.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great family place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

At first glance Oak St looks more like a bar but once inside it is a nice family restaurant. The menu has plenty of items to pick from. The sandwiches come with soup and a side. The burgers are huge and were very tasty. I felt the cost was not bad for the amount of food we got. They have steak, pasta and lots of other dishes. The kids menu has the usual items but the chicken strips are very good. Looks and tastes like real chicken! The staff was very polite and attentive. All in all a great little place to take the family for dinner or a couple of friends for some beers to watch the game.

Visited December 2013
“Fun Atmosphere, Great Service, Improved Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I visited Oak Street with friends soon after the restaurant opened. Things were a little "off," and we weren't all that impressed. For example, my grilled chicken was greasy, the server got our order mixed up, etc. We didn't write the place off, but we were overall disappointed. HowEVER, I'm writing this review now because things have since changed for the better!

A friend suggested we meet there for drinks and appetizers, so we joined her. We were impressed then, and we now visit frequently (on our own or with friends). We had been looking for someplace with a lively sports bar atmosphere and tasty food with generous portions; Oak Street delivers. The food is consistently tasty, appetizer selection is large, and service is friendly and fast. One waiter we have frequently remembers our orders and how I always eat the soup that comes with my husband's sandwich! All sandwiches and entrees come with soup -- probably my favorite item on the menu! Super tasty, hot, and definitely homemade.

When you choose Oak Street, keep in mind: if you're visiting a strip mall restaurant with "Bar" in its name, you're going for BAR food, not fine dining, right? Right.

A sidebar comment for hockey fans: Oak Street has become the North Aurora area Blackhawks bar -- on game nights, the bar is full of customers in Blackhawks gear. The ceilings are equipped with red "goal" lights that flash and a goal buzzer that sounds each time the team scores. We go frequently with friends to watch the games on Oak Street's many screens, and its always a lot of fun!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Geneva, Illinois
“A fun sports bar with great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I went to a baby shower at this restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food. I had a grilled chicken sandwich. It was very tender and delicious. It came with a large cup of soup and very tasty french fries. The portions were a good size and the food tasted delicious. The other girls at the shower commented at how good the food was, also.

• Visited May 2013