“Clean and Convinent hotel I ever stayed in” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1715 Parkway Plaza, Exit 167 I-55, Normal, Bloomington-Normal, IL 61761   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Normal
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Flanders, New Jersey
“Clean and Convinent hotel I ever stayed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

I stayed at this hotel over christmas break. I had my 3 teenagers and it was very clean the bathrooms were spotless, the room was very well kept and clean, overly nice people working the front desk. It has a Panera Bread right next door and also a 24 hour Walmart.
The kids raved about the cinnamom buns in the morning.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

I stayed there and could'nt believe the outstanding customer service i recieved. My room was quiet and ready when I arrived. Even though i arrived a few minutes before actual check in time. The staff was more than friendly and accomadating. Overall Great experience Topped off with excellent Customer Service. I really felt like a part of the family in my home away from home!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I was there on business for a week and I was very satisfied. My flight didn’t arrive until after 10pm so I had to check-in late. It was a short drive from the airport and then the front desk had my key was ready which was nice. My room was on the third floor, it was very clean and the bed was comfortable for a hotel. I did have breakfast there each morning while reading the paper.

I was there for a week so I got to know Kelsey at the front desk who was friendly and helped me with the business computer there so I could print out a few notes. Overall a good experience, I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Monrovia, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

Running across America requires a good night rest. The Holiday Express Inn at Normal IL was very comfortable, roomy, clean and quite. I had a great stay and rest. Manager Ryan Saal runs a professional Hotel caring for all his guests in a big way. Front desk manger Jessica Gibson greets you in a friendly and professional manner. The breakfast is delicious with many healthy choices. I highly recommend the Normal HolidayExpress Inn for your rest and travel needs.
Striding on Across America for TThe Way to Happiness and Youth,
JR Monrovia, CA

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

The ROOM had a cracked sink which had been glued with brown glue (nasty!). The phone did not have a face on it and was missing buttons & the TV was an old-school Zenith that has seen its day. The weak/crummy toilet clogged (no plunger). The towels are folded directly above the toilet and one fell in. Bed was comfortable, but again would it kill you to change the linens when I ask. I stayed there beyond three days (they claim they change the linens either way every 3 days - apparently not true). I placed the card out on the door asking that the linens be changed...the maid refused. The next two days I placed the card on the pillow asking that the linens be changed...the maid still refused. I used the iron before work...the maid couldn't bother to put the ironing board away?!?!? The maid service was definitely half-a*s...do the minimum possible! The airconditioner worked but was pretty noisy. POOL was a little creepy looking, but I probably would have still swam in it; the treadmill was busted. BREAKFASTwas so so.. Cinamon rolls were the best part. The breakfast staff lady was not friendly. The breakfast area TV was tuned into CNN everyday? Really? Who watches that Hollywood news channel? Try Fox News for business travelers. Desk STAFF was very friendly. I asked one guy about public transportation to the bars or if there were any in walking distance (there aren't by the way). He was clueless but he was quick on the draw to give me a business card for a stip club 20 miles away. Give me a break! I can only imagine what the girs would have looked like anyway. OVERALL the place was quiet but outdated and the maid service was almost non-existant.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Moline, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

Our softball team stayed in the hotel 2 years ago. We had a wonderful experience. The location was perfect for our needs. This experience was horrible. We like to have group dinners, delivery pizza, and they wouldn't open up the breakfast room for us, nor did they offer a meeting room. The team congregated in the lobby for pizza. The players went up to our room and a few parents were visiting and having a few beverages. Suddenly we were told that we had to leave the lobby because it was closed. The next day the parents were waiting to go to dinner and were told that they could not have open alcohol in the lobby because they didn't have a liquer license..?? It was never brought to our attention the night before. It just seemed like we were being bullied accoring to the whims of the front desk person. We will NOT stay at another HIExpress. Our softball business will be taken to another hotel chain from now on...

• Stayed July 2010
St. Paul, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

Stayed here for five nights for business. Price was a little expensive compared to other HIE I've stayed at, but was comparable to other hotels in the vicinity. Check in and check out were quick and easy. Front desk staff were helpful. Bed was comfortable and room was spacious. TV was older 27" tube tv vs flat panel, but the picture was clear, so no problems. Room had a fridge and microwave which are hit or miss at other HIE. Continental breakfast was the normal HIE fare and was always stocked, however, the eggs tasted powdery and the bacon and sausage were on the greasy side.

Hotel is located next to a Panera Bread restaurant and close to shopping.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!