“Valentine escape” 5 of 5 stars

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Von Maur Drive
“Valentine escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

As this was our first time here, we were unsure what to expect. We want on a Saturday night at 515pm. The place was very busy. We booked a table through open table which I highly recommend. We were greeted and went directly to our table. We chose cheese curds for an appetizer and we were not disappointed. A nice quantity to share. My wife got a chicken pot pie and I got a flatbread pizza. My flatbread pizza was tasty but not crisp. It took an hour to get food. We ended the night with s'mores which we're delightful and my wife got an outstanding sundae. Overall very good, nice variety of prices from middle to high. But be prepared for a wait

Bloomington, Illinois
“Best Carrot Cake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We love this place and dine here often. Menu changes seasonally and they always have one or two specials. Atmosphere is great. Try the carrot cake-my favorite

Visited December 2013
Heyworth, Illinois
“Great food OK beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is one of our favorite "go to" places. We always get the cheese curds or pretzels for an appetizer..can't go wrong with either. I love their meatloaf or Kobe burger. My kids love this place and ask to go here quite often. The kids meals are a good deal.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“A Plethora of Craft Beers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

A nice upscale restaurant and bar with a very large selection of craft and specialty beers. If you are not sure what you like get a sampler to taste a variety. On my visit I sat in the bar and ordered food, which came hot and professionally prepared. The dining room was packed and people seemed happy to have had dinner there. My entrees were all cooked perfectly, tasted fresh and prepared correctly.

Visited November 2013
Oak Lawn, Illinois
“THE place in BloNo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

When you visit Bloomington/Normal, you'll be told of the large number of eateries available. Chains, joints, family dining, all of it's there. But Destihl is THE place to go. The menu was redone this fall and is spectacular. We had fish n chips (light, flaky, skin-on potatoes, fantastic malt/vinegar dip), excellent burger, light and tasty spinach/goat cheese/cranberry salad, and a knockout green chili mac n cheese made with pulled pork, mozzarella, green chiles. Rich but delicious. You'll be surprised by the affordability, and the service is impeccable.

• Visited December 2013