My family and I recently stayed at your hotel and found our stay to be very disappointing as always has been the case.
We arrived at your hotel on Wed, 24 Aug and departed on Sun, 26 Aug 12 and will not be back to your hotel again with the conditions that we found. NASTY HOTEL! I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE STAYING AT THIS HOTEL WITH THE CONDITIONS LIKE THEY ARE. NEEDS A LOT OF IMPROVEMENTS.
(1) Air Conditioners in the hallways both upstairs and downstairs were not turned on or were not working. Very, very hot!
(2) Swimming pool water was very cold and not heated. I talked with some other folks that stayed in the hotel and they told me the same thing that the water was too cold to swim. My grandson tolerated the cold water but was freezing when he got out of the water plus your sauna was not working for people to use. Not a way to run a hotel if all the equipment is not working. If you have a heated pool, then keep the water warm and not cold. Poor management.
(3) In the front lobby break area, all the TV's were removed and only one big TV was remaining and it was not even turned on for people to watch plus it was off to the side which no one could see from the break area. Poor management. Again, no air conditioning in the Front Lobby.
(4) Water in the rooms was not even hot enough to take a shower. Barely warm!
(5) Mold was in the shower areas of both rooms that we occupied. That is a health issue and should be taken care of since that is how people get sick and some people are allergic to mold. Nasty bathrooms! I should call the health department and have them come out and check your hotel. Very unsanitary conditions. You would fail in a heartbeat. Our bathrooms were probably not the only ones with this same problem.
(6) In our room, wallpaper was peeling off the walls. Carpets were not cleaned.
(7) Shower heads on the shower are not the best and could not be adjusted for the water pressure that you need and the water gets all over the floor even with the curtain closed. Need more modern shower heads that can be adjusted and more hot water.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value - University Hotel Normal
- Americas Best Value - University Hotel
- Best Western Normal
- Normal Best Western
- Best Western University Hotel
- Americas Best Value - University Inn Normal, IL - Bloomington-Normal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- POOL AND SPA CURRENTLY UNDERGOING RENOVATIONS/UPGRADES AND ARE UNAVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.2 Story interior corridor property. AAA 2 diamond rated. Indoor heated pool, Business Center. Pet friendly (charge). FREE guest breakfast and Wi-Fi. Popular restaurants nearby. Gas and diesel nearby. Short drive to Illinois State University and Illinois Wesleyan University. 600 sq.ft. Meeting room available. I-55 exit 165. FREE parking for cars/trucks/buses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Tingo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Americas Best Value - University Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.