“Classiest Hotel In Town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   320 S. Towanda Ave, Normal, Bloomington-Normal, IL 61761   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Normal
GreenLeadersSilver level
Carbondale, Illinois
“Classiest Hotel In Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed here with my friends and I becuase of a convention going on that we were suppose to work wen my friends and I arrived it was freezing cold and snowy, we figured we would go up to the rooms and make the coffee/tea in the room. We stepped through the doors and were greeted with a coffee and tea bar right across from the front desk, I thought this was the neatest thing until I saw they offered multiple types of teas,that made the night better. The same night we used the pool and hot tub, both were very clean, they had a shower just off to the side of the pool, which I found impressive considering most place you would have shower off in your room, the spa/locker room or not at all. The only issue I with the pool area is the towels, i feel as if they're too tiny, but that's personal issue.

The breakfast is really good and changes daily, its always hot and there's a variety to eat, which is good considering some places offer stale breakfast; this Hampton did not. At the end of the day when we returned my friends clothes were folded up for here on her suit case which she apparently left in the floor. The sheets/bedding so clean and fresh and very comfortable to sleep in, some hotel chains bedding makes my skin itch, however this one did not. I really like also how they also have a nature/spa sounds on the radio which is great if you can't fall asleep; however, you will want to set your alarm on your phone and not use the radios due to it tends to not go off if you are using the nature/spa station. The staff was nice and friendly; although, make sure you spell your name out to them because we had a case where the name was spelled wrong which made it hard to get onto the internet. Other than that this place is fantastic, clean, friendly, and orderly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Richard R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Wow 'Rae_S22', thank you so much for the very thorough review of your experience with us. I appreciate you taking the time to post the well thought out comments. I believe you touched on several aspects important to the traveling public. What's more, these items are paramount to our success and something we believe in. "Fantastic, clean, friendly, and orderly" - just like your review - making yours the 'classiest ever'. :-)
It was great having you, we appreciate you choosing us and safe travels to you and yours....
-richard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Excellant staff, very helpful as I had to extend my stay an extra night after I had checked out and the staff was very professional and had a room for me (middle of the coldest weather and a major snow storm). Great place to stay and feel at home.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi 'AmyB' and thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to report on your experience with us. I must say "Best in the World" is a lot to live up to. You can trust my team and I will do everything in our power to maintain this title. We appreciate you and your words. Should we ever fall short, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll make it right. Safe travels to you and yours and we hope to see you again soon....
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

This hotel is a very good choice for the area. They have very comfortable beds and nice decor in the hotel rooms and lobby/lounge area. The complimentary breakfast was a great amenity. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Richard R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Hi 'Ally-R C',
Thank you for taking the time to share with the world your recent experience with us. When 'away from home' no one should have to worry about where they'll lay their head any given night - the quality and service of a hotel is priority to all. A good value is nice as well - in the Hampton Inn & Suites - Normal, you've found it all. Safe travels to you and yours and Happy New Year....
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Be sure to bring your own pillows. Theirs are too small. Pool is very warm and cozy for the children and myself. Large enough for large groups if needed. Blankets and sheets are washed daily after each guests stay to ensure a clean and confortable stay

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi 'Lori R' and thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent experience with us. I hope the next trip we can earn a perfect score for sleep quality. After all, this is critical and I'm sorry we fell short last week. I appreciate you noticing and sharing with the world that cleanliness is a vital cornerstone of the guest experience. Safe travels to you and yours and Happy New Year....
Lewistown, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stay in a lot of hotels and I have got to say this one far exceeded our wildest dreams. I was clean, friendly and very comfortable. We will definitely come to this hotel when we are in the area. This hotel is centrally located.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi 'marynbill4877',
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share with the world your experience with us. For us to 'far exceed your wildest dreams' means a great deal and the team loved hearing this. In fact, I saw some mouths drop. Granted we like to think we're the 'best place ever' but we never let that go to our heads while maintaining a full understanding that the traveling public has many choices. We're glad that we are your choice. Thanks again and Happy New Year to you and yours....
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed here with a large group of families for New Years. Terrific hotel, located in a great location. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Rooms and common areas were very clean. Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Bloomington/Normal area!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi 'Amber D', thank you for taking the time to share with the world your experience with us. The team grinned ear to ear when I read your review to them. Safe travels and Happy New Year to you and yours....see you next year. :-)
Springfield, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I am very pleased with Hampton Hotel in Normal, Illinois where was my first stay. A room was very nice and cozy. Bed is so wonderful. Bathroom is cleaniness and fresh air. Breakfast buffet was so wonderful. I was surprised that coffee bar was self serving for 24 hours. The staffs were friendly and courteous. That hotel was nice enivornment.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi 'Leon D' and thank you for taking the time to share with the world your experience with us. I believe you touched on nearly every aspect that sets us apart from the competition in Bloomington/Normal. Thanks again and Happy New Year to you and yours....
-richard

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal? Share your experiences!