“If Sleep Is Your Purpose, It Serves The Purpose” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Normal-Bloomington Area

Motel 6 Normal-Bloomington Area
You added Motel 6 Normal-Bloomington Area to your Saves list
Motel 6 Normal-Bloomington Area
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1600 North Main Street, I-55 at Main Street/US 51, Exit #165/165-A, Normal, Bloomington-Normal, IL 61761   |
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Normal
Athens, Alabama
“If Sleep Is Your Purpose, It Serves The Purpose”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This place is certainly old and a little run down, but I found it to be clean and comfortable. This is an interior entrance design with showers instead of tubs with showers. The water pressure is low but works and heats up in short order. Convenient location near I-55 ( you can see it from the highway to the East), cheap and clean. Very nice lady on night shift check in. Discounted rate @ $38.29 tax included, free Wi-Fi for seniors.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

It's nothing special...who would suppose it would be...I mean, come on...at $35.99 a night? (Alright, I'm a senior citizen!) The room was clean, the motel was quiet, and the bed, while not a "pillow top" that some people seem to expect, was quite comfortable. My only complaint is paying $2.99 for WiFi...but that's okay, too. I wanted to order food, and the man at the front desk was very helpful with that! As for a hair dryer...I don't use one, and most people I know travel with one these days if they need it, since there's no way to clean a "community hair dryer"! It seems as though some people who write these reviews expect a 4-Star hotel...well, folks, this isn't it!! It's an inexpensive motel, no frills, but with a pool. But it was a great place to stay!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The staff was friendly enough but the rooms were not ok. They could use a good scrubbing plus a change of bed-linnen but until then I'd advise to stay away from this place!
There are way better hotels in the area for a better price!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Biggsville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Apparently, if you stay for more than 1 night, you do not get service. During a 3 night stay, I have nothing positive to say except for the wonderful front desk check in gentleman and the lady that checked me out. Upon walking in my room, it was late, and my only thought was take a hot bath and go to bed. Well, there are no bath tubs, only walk in showers. That was something I could deal with, because what did I really expect for only $51.99/night? I get out, and there is NO hair dryer. The only hotel I have ever been in with no hair dryer, and I have stayed in the most lavish, to the most disgusting. Get in bed, in a non-smoking room, and the bedding smells so much like smoke. Get up early the next day, and expect the housekeepers to come in and clean up. After all, I was on vacation, and wanted 3 days where I did not have to do any type of work! Return later that evening after a women's conference, and I had received fresh towels, but still had trash in the cans that had not been taken out, and my bed had not been made. Next day, I get up and have time to sit. The walls were disgusting with something that looked like feces on the bottom of the wall, and I call down to the front desk and ask if they can see to it that the housekeeper clean my room before I return later that day. I get back, and they had come in to make the bed. Still, no trash pickup, and this time, not even fresh towels. Next morning I get up and check out. I would have checked out immediately after checking in had there been available rooms in the town, but a conference was going on as well as special olympics, so I had no other choice. I will never return to that hotel. EVER. The only positive was the front desk check out lady who credited me a small amount for my inconvenience. No breakfast, no pool, no hair dryer, no tub, poor housekeeping, all around horrible experience.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel and all rooms if possible