“We paid for a non-smoking room and it stunk like smoke...” 1 of 5 stars

Super 8 Normal Bloomington
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2 Traders Circle, Normal, Bloomington-Normal, IL 61761   |
Ranked #10 of 10 hotels in Normal
Luverne
“We paid for a non-smoking room and it stunk like smoke...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We paid for a non-smoking room and it stunk like smoke really bad. We will never stay in this hotel again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Vienna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Didn't seem real homey. The breakfast could have had something besides danish's. And the syrup was way too sweet, good but way too sweet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Johnsburg, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have been to Bloomington several times, and stayed at many hotels. When I needed a last minute inexpensive option, and several of my usual places were filled, I decided to book here after reading reviews and seeing it was rated number 6 on tripadvisor. It said clean, so I figured "how bad could it be?". Little did I know. When I walked into the lobby the pine sol disinfectant smell was overwhelming, which raised alarms, but I decided to reserve judgement. The clerk was nice, so that was a plus, but the only one. Dark, dingy, run down lobby. Musty, poorly lit corridors. The room was vintage 1982 (mauve and turqouise, hello?..) with dirty wallpaper (coming loose in places), and shabby everywhere else. I was next to the office, and could hear every phone ring due to the paper thin walls. I will say the bathroom and sheets looked fairly clean, but that didn't counter the scuzzy feeling I got from everything else. The last straw was the internet worked horribly-lost my connection every time I switched screens, and very slow. I have stayed in some less than stellar hotels in my life, but this is the first time I have walked out the same day I checked in. Luckily they did cancel my reservation without too much fuss. If the price had been really low I might have expected this, but it was medium priced, so I expected the quality of other hotels in this price range ($76/night), which it was not even close. The only reason I gave it even one star was the clerk was very nice and helpful. Beyond that, I would say DO NOT book this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get the room downstairs nearest the office.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Chicago Heights
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed here while I was in the area for a College event. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and concerned about your comfort. I will be staying here again when I am in this area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed in town after coming back on the train due to snow and terrible road conditions. It is clean and the staff is very attentive. It is not the newest property, but all-in-all I had a nice stay, a good night's rest, and the people who worked there made sure I was satisfied. The cost was right.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Wildwood,Mo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

we were dissapointed in the condition of the room and the overall apperrance of the inside of the hotel. the breakkfasttfast area was small and sparce. no coffee was offered after 9 sharp! however it was clean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Normal Bloomington? Share your experiences!