“Great Staff/Lashawn Williams” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bloomington - Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center

You added Bloomington - Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Bloomington - Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Broadway Avenue, Normal, Bloomington-Normal, IL 61761   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Staff/Lashawn Williams”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Ms. Williams was great. We needed help with the Wi-Fi setup as well as the microphone her and her staff accommodate us right away. We have another conference in Bloomington we will definitely stay at the Bloomington Normal Marriott Hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington - Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
LaShone is a great asset to this hotel. She genuinely cares about every customer and loves to make sure your stay is a great one. Thank you and i look forward to seeing you during your next conference.

Jeff P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is my 2nd year staying at this property. My daughter has a cheer competition near by and this is our hotel of choice. From the front desk associate to the bartender, everyone was very helpful and displayed great customer service. The bellman helped us find some local restaurants. I can not say enough about this hotel. My daughter and all her cheerleader friends had a great time in the pool.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
The annual cheer group is such a fun weekend here. I am glad to hear you have had two great years in a row. I hope your team did great in the competition.

Arlington Heights, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I recently stayed at the Bloomington Marriott Hotel. When I stayed at the hotel, I had several "noise" issues with my room. At about 9:30 pm I decided to flip off the TV and get to bed. While laying in bed, I started to hear a chirping/beeping noise coming from the smoke alarm speaker. I called the front desk at about 9:40pm and they said that they would send someone right up. After having to get back dressed in day clothes for my visitor, I sat groggily and waited. I waited 30 minutes and no one showed. I called the front desk again, and they said that "Oh we don't have any reports of a beeping detector... we just have one report of a blinking detector." OK, I don't have an accent, I stated that it was beeping. "We'll have someone come right up." Another FIFTEEN minutes later, a man comes in who I had to have STAND on the bed before he could hear the chirping noise. After he explained that I must be very sensitive (thanks alot) he stated that there's nothing he could do and he'd leave a note for his boss because it is the alarm system and he can't tamper with it. Fine. So to make matters worse, when I try to turn the room hvac fan on it begins to rattle and squeek like an unlevel washing machine. I swear that this room was either possessed or Marriott could care less about actually making rounds and investing some upkeep for hotel rooms that are the most expensive in the area. If this isn't enough, the small refridgerator kicked in about 3 in the morning and sounded like the deathstar blowing up dantoine. The slap on the face was when I opened the fridge door to turn off the fridge, there was a nestle water bottle that said if you open it 4 bucks. Trip advisor has options to upload pictures, but I took videos on my iphone and I wish I could upload them for guests to hear. WIFI in the room was 12 bucks. Parking was 8 bucks per night. Breakfast in the hotel was terrible. How do you screw up pancakes?! how do you screw up 9 dollar pancakes?!? Seriously! It call comes down to value and this marriott blew it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
I am sorry the electric current in the fire system kept you awake. This was thoroughly investigated with the system control company and the slight buzzing noise cannot be altered in any way. I have addressed with the team your other concerns and appreciate you letting us know of your displeasure.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I wrote an earlier review and the political correctness police didn't care for my characterization of hotel guests who complained, so allow me to re-phrase: If you have a problem with the staff here, it is invariably because your head is lodged in your sphincter. Since there are over 50 types of sphincters in the human body...well, you figure it out.
The Concierge food is fantastic, the staff is always accommodating and my rooms are superb, the bartenders are awesome, but I cannot forget about the great folks at the front desk - AND THE NEW Wi-Fi ROCKS!

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms are best - unless you don't mind Amtrak train whistles...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington - Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Love your reviews, they always make me chuckle. Serious thanks for mentioning the wifi - I have worked hard to make sure it is top notch and can handle all of the demands of our many IT consultants in house. Thank you for taking the time to share the news with other TA members.

fort worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

During the month of January, my daughter and I spent two weeks traveling between five states for interviews. Having stayed at five different hotels during this time, I must say that the Bloomington-Normal Marriott was by far our favorite.

The hotel is within easy walking distance of several good restaurants, a cozy coffee shop with free WiFi (The Coffee Hound), shopping, and the Amtrak station, which is one-block away. The rooms were spacious and clean with comfortable beds. The restaurant food was very good, including the breakfast room service. But what was exceptional about our stay, was the friendly, hard working and very helpful staff from the managers Lashone and Ang to the front desk personnel Stephanie and Fily to the conceirges Joe and Matt, especially Joe.

Joe was our hero. He went "above and beyond the call of duty" to transport us from the airport to the hotel the night after the governor declared a state of emergency due to the weather, helped us retrieve our delayed luggage from the airport the next day and made sure my daughter had transportation to her interview the following day. If we have the pleasure to return to this area, we will definitely stay here again. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington - Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thanks for such a great review - I will be sure to post these in all the departments so Joe and all the others can get theri well deserved recognition from their peers. Thank you so much for taking the time to single them out.

Salem, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I traveled weekly to Bloomington-Normal for work for about 18 months and always stayed at this Marriott. I loved the full service (as compared to the nearby Courtyard or Hampton Inn). The staff is professional and courteous.

I liked having access to the concierge lounge as a platinum member, but was somewhat annoyed that I was rarely able to get on the concierge level (as it was always fully booked).

The only other complaint is that sometimes my room was not throughly cleaned. For example on multiple occasions my trash was still full after my room was 'cleaned'. This isn't a deal breaker, but definitely something to make note of.

The location was perfect with plenty of nearby food options (even within walking distance), as you are pretty much right on ISU campus.

If I was back in the area I would stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington - Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Alyssa,

Thank you for the feedback. I have sent your notes to the housekeeping crew - I have several new inspectresses that will quickly help to fix the concerns with rooms not being completely clean. As for the concierge floors 8 and 9. The State Farm project has increased our Platinum guest by double the last couple of years. On a typical weekday I have a 100 platinums in our small hotel. I will make sure you get rotated up there on your next couple of visits.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I brought a group of students down to stay at the hotel while we attended the annual high school theatre festival at ISU. I could not speak more highly of the experience. We have stayed at this hotel before, and every time we go to the festival, we are astounded by the staff, the rooms, and the overall service.

The facility was beautiful, and the staff- especially Fily- were so warm and welcoming. We were forty people, but the countless high school students that were staying there during the weekend probably provided challenges for the staff. They were incredibly efficient, knowledgeable, and attentive. Service with a smile was the name of the game.

Of all the hotels that we have stayed at while attending the festival, this is the most respectful and accommodating. As a teacher, I am very aware of hotels that treat my students like they are potential problems just because they are teenagers. The first day we arrived, Stephanie put my worries at ease. I was never nervous about the staff or rooms being less than the best!

I highly recommend this hotel for groups!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
JeffPritts, General Manager at Bloomington - Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thanks for the great review. I must say the theater group is one of our favorites every year. The kids are so well behaved and fun to have in the hotel. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience.

Jeff P

Been to Bloomington - Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!