“Damm fools” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Chicago, IL
“Damm fools”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

When you bring a plate of pasta with spoiled mussels in it, to my wife, you had better expect me to shout at you! Your just a college kid and dont know a damm thing about food, neither does the moron cooking in the kitchen, Your to stupid to know the smell of spoiled shellfish, I smelled it 4 feet away as you brought the dish to the table, So, the Zuppa de Mare, well it's spoiled, and would make you deathly ill, if you could get past the stench of spoiled mussels to eat it!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

59% Recommend
Glenview, Illinois
“A nice, quiet dinner for two”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Having eaten here several times for lunch, I thought we should try it for dinner. No surprise - great food, attentive service and a nice, quiet atmosphere. There was no special occasion, but I'm sure the place was packed a few days earlier on Mothers Day. That could explain why there was no crowd in the middle of the week.

Although it was a nice evening, we opted to eat indoors instead of on the patio. After being seated, service was immediate, and we got "two for one", as our server was training a new hire. Water and a bread basket appeared immediately, and wine and salads were served quickly, too. However, there was a bit of a wait for the entrees - Tilapia for the wife and Lasagne for me. Well worth the wait, however, as the food was delicious and the generous portions provided leftovers to take home for another meal.

I was introduced to this restaurant by a friend and would recommend it to all of my friends, too.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Des Plaines, Illinois
“Excellent Service and Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I'd read the not-so-positive reviews and didn't know if I should try this restaurant or not. To my surprise, the dining turned out to be a great experience. Fried calamari was crisp and the medium-body Chianti was fruity. I had the salmon which I found very tasty, though the pesto creamy sauce was a little too rich for me. As for the service, our server was very pleasant and attentive. It was a sort of working dinner, so we ended up staying there for over two hours - not the servers' favorite! However, the server was very courteous until the end. I would go back and try their pasta the next time.

Visited March 2013
chicago
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. Although the decor is quaint, it is a sanitation nightmare. They are obviously greasing the hands of the Niles inspector. The kitchen is very dirty. There are open vats of sauces on the floor of the cooler. The doorhandles, walls, surfaces, menus, etc. are very dirty and look like they need to be doused in bleach. The food is average to unacceptable, and very overpriced- $18.95 for spaghetti? $2.95 for a soda (NO REFILLS, says so emphatically on menu). $10.00 for a martini, come on, this is Niles! Owners show nothing but contempt for customers. There are a million great Italian joints. Don't waste your time and money here.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Des Plaines, Illinois
“Not always the same.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Amici is a nice looking rustic Italian restaurant from the outside and the inside is kind of rustic as well, BUT the staff is like all young college kids that just need a job. One time you can go and get a great meal then go back a month later and order the same thing and it taste completely different ???? New chef ?? All I know is that when I go to a restaurant and like something I would like it to taste the same. NOT HERE .

Visited September 2012

Been to Amici Ristorante? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Amici Ristorante, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.