“First Time Visit” 4 of 5 stars

Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
“First Time Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This was my first visit to King Day Spa and my second visit to a Korean Spa. After my first visit to a Korean Spa during my vacation to Las Vegas, I knew I had to find something similar close to home. Close to home for me is a 90 min drive towards Chicago, IL.
I visited on a Friday morning and it seemed busy to me. There seemed to be many first time visitors asking the staff questions. All the staff seemed nice and the facility appeared clean. There were numerous people walking around cleaning both the common areas and the women’s area. This facility seemed to offer more sauna rooms then what I experienced before. The food court area was nice and offered a variety of dishes.
I’m glad I was able to find something close to home, will be visiting again the future.

Visited November 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
62 attraction reviews
“TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Take off your shoes right after paying admission or you will be yelled at. Very funny experience as the bossy women in their underwear tell you what to do. Be prepared to let it all hang out. Segregated showers, baths, steam and massage/scrub areas. Not sure how the guy side works. Massage, scrub, facials, etc. cost extra and are assigned to your numbered key bracelet. Set an appointment and they will come and find you. Get ready for the most oiled massage ever and trust you will not slide off the table. Once you are done with that you will want to relax so take your naked self back to your locker and put on your issued pink t-shirt and shorts. Head out to the coed area and prepare to experience a multitude of sauna rooms. Take time to grab a juice or Korean food and relax in the lounge or movie room. Remember to drink a lot of water. You can spend hours here and you will want to. Admission is $35 with other complementary services, food and beverages extra. You pay when you exit. Follow the rules because the staff like to boss you around which I found hilarious.

Visited October 2013
Mundelein, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“Be Prepared to Avert Your Eyes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I first learned about this place through groupon and although we missed the groupon by a day my friend and I still decided to check it out as we love saunas. Checking in was easy but nobody at the front desk explained how the place works so we were just kind of left to figure out where to go. We immediately were yelled at and rushed out of the locker room for not taking our shoes off, which we did not know we had to. When we made it into the locker room, where the baths are located, it was a rather large shock and assault as 90% of the women were completely nude. We were not expecting this and figured most people would be in bathing suits like at a gym. I read through the entire website prior to making this trip and nowhere on it did it mention the requirement to be naked if you want to use the baths or steam sauna. And while I understand that some people are comfortable with this, my friend and I were not. I do not particularly want to be at my locker and turn around to someone else bent over, legs spread with their bum 6 inches away from me. It isn't fair for new people to come in and pay admission, expecting to be able to use everything, then be turned away from the baths because they don't want to expose everything. It needs to be swimsuit optional or have a separate jacuzzi area for people who do not wish to strip down. This is my main complaint. We really enjoyed the rest of the spa and the dry sauna rooms were great, minus not being able to talk. We were sort of hoping to have a girls day where we could steam, relax, and chat with each other. We enjoyed ourselves but it wasn't the experience we were hoping for.

Visited September 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome place- service is kind of over the top sometimes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I love this place! The hot tubs, restaurant area, the awesome and interesting saunas, an ice box room(feels very good after you have been in a few saunas). Although, the employees are kind of harsh and over the top. I understand they want the place to be a clean environment, but they freak out if one little thing isn't done their way. My friend had a cap on her head because she didn't want to get the chlorine in her blonde hair.... The staff came up and yelled at us to get out of the hot tub and asked if conditioner was in the cap. Lol, seriously? Other than that, it was nice. Maybe if she approached us in a nicer way I would give this place 5 stars

Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Cartoonishly Bad & Insulting Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Just returned from a very negative, and frankly, puzzling encounter at King Spa & Sauna. I arrived there early this evening with friends. Based on reviews from my cousin, we were looking forward to the sauna rooms and massage. Though we were warmly greeted by the gentleman at the customer service desk, the front desk clerk was another story.
I have patronized many Korean establishments in town, and have always found the staff pleasant and welcoming. When I merely asked some questions about the types of massage offered ("Golden Aroma" massage, for instance), the front desk clerk, Somin Moon, accused us of being drunk. Yes, that's right. She accused us of being drunk (And of course, we were stone cold sober, though we could have used a drink after spending an hour on the Kennedy). Who does that? What kind of crazy establishment is this?? At least there was H Mart next door so I didn't make a total waste of the trip. Anyway - my advice: Spend your money somewhere else, where you are actually welcome!

Visited August 2013